Join Shelby Forums Today

1966 GT350 Restoration

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by rshelby, Jun 14, 2005.

1. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Here's some pics of some restoration work done on a 1966 GT350. Let's see some other works in progress. Share some photos of your recent restoration work or before and after pictures of your car!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Nice Car to start out with! what stage is the Car in Now?? who owns that sweet ride?? what is happening to the Drivetrain? Details!! :mad: :mad:

3. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

It is completed. Very tight, very nice ride. Not restored to original specifications though. A variety of things were done to make it a better driving car. A more efficient radiator/cooling system was added and I think new brakes. I'm not sure what else but I'll take some pictures and post them. It was completed about 18 months ago (2003). Carroll's daughter is the owner.

This is one of the 12 "early '80's" 1966 GT350's Carroll had built by Beverly Hills Mustang. It seems that each of them are a bit different from one another. In some cases, probably most cases, they were not able to acquire all of the original parts necessary to make them to the exact specifications of the original '66 GT350s. Among other things, you will notice a Torino steering wheel on this one. More pictures comming soon!

Last edited: May 3, 2006