Join Shelby Forums Today

2007 GT500 Tail

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by rshelby, Jul 21, 2005.

1. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

If this yellow tail is an indication of what the production car will look like...I'm really not impressed. Bring back the look of the prototype!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

I prefer the brake light integrated with the spoiler. I also want the name SHELBY emblazoned on the tail so people will know what passed them on the highway.

I don't like how the stripes are broken around the license plate and brake light in the yellow version.

Instead of removing the Shelby badging, they should have removed the large non-functional gas cap.

robin

3. KenG.

KenG. Well-Known Member

I agree. I think we might as well be prepared for dissappointment. I also heard
    that is will not have the lower rear diffuser. :cigar:

4. KenG.

KenG. Well-Known Member

I cant really understand the logic. I know that they want to keep it in a certain price range but everyone who plans on buying one will gladly pay the extra amount to have it done right. Amen?

5. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

I am still hopeful the final product will be good but this latest display is worrisome. If Ford can't get it built right, I'll just keep saving for an original GT350.

robin

6. Shlby

Shlby Member

I like the prototype best! I like the stripes under the license plate, and the SHELBY letters plastered on the back! Why not just make that a REAL gas cap with a Snake on it! A new hood, and Shelby side and brake scoops too please! I'll pay more to get it that way! Maybe on the options list!!!!!

7. ColdwaterHotRod

ColdwaterHotRod Well-Known Member

Theirs no doubt about it, when looking at the photo’s of the Genuine Imitation “Yellow” Shelby Mustang it looks to have the “DULL” dealer applied stripe decals from the current 2005 Mustang option list on it :thumbdown . The Red “Genuine” Shelby Mustang GT 500 looks to have the White “Glossy” Stripes Painted on the car, & definitely looks way better :thumbsup: and will hold up longer over time! Count me in on paying more to have it done right the 1st time with the Shelby Lettering across the back decklid & painted stripes. :thumbsup:

8. requis

requis Member

Here here!! I'll second that. The original mule deffinitely gets my vote and I deffinitely want the Shelby lettering across the back.. I believe another poster indicated I want people to see what just past them.

Cheers,

Requis

Please don't take away Shelby Lettering across the Back!!

9. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

It looks like a Mustang GT with added on Stripes and Spoiler. The Dummy Gas Cap is not a SHELBY one, nor does it say SHELBY on the decklid which I am certain they will have on there. lets just hope this is a "Speculation" Package for upgrading standard Mustangs!

10. Big_Slick737

Big_Slick737 Active Member

Im just guessing here, but i think they may have just thrown this mule out there to get a reaction on the hood changes more than anything... at least i hope so.
    We can only wait and see what the next pre GT500 version looks like to see what changes they are going to stick with or revert back too.
    The lower rear diffuser though, i thought was a functional piece for performance, so im sure we will see it on the production model. Its probably not on this one because they wanted to test peoples reactions on the hood more than anything else.

11. FiaCobra

FiaCobra Member

Thats exactly what SVT did. They were testing the drivetrain and hood on the yellow mule. Don't pay too much attention to the badging on that particular car. Only thing about the rear i heard is the lettering will be moved to one side of the brake light. It wasn't cost effective to retool a new trunk/spoiler just to have room for the "Shelby" name. That pesky 3rd brake light is to blame.

I called SVT and spoke with them over the phone. Of course i couldn't get too much information but what i did get was a case of calm nerves. They are intent on getting probably the most important vehicle they ever did, right! Oh, don't pay attention to the yellow cars stripes and hood.

Just so you know, they do monitor public opinion whether it be over the phone, on internet forums, or in person.

12. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Glad to hear it FiaCobra. Thanks for the info.
    RS

13. Big_Slick737

Big_Slick737 Active Member

Well hopefully they are paying attention and retool the back lid to accomidate the SHELBY instead of moving it... Im sure it would cost alot less to keep the center brake light in the same spot, but instead of it being 3 inches in height or 2.5in in height, cut it in half. make the center brake light very thin... like 1 1/4in or something like that.

As far as the hood, we should tell them why we dont like the look of the new hood. To me, it is the fact that the new hood eshaust are raised from the normal height of the hood. Which makes it look like a cheap scoup of some sort, and the fact you can see the plastic exhuast vents that keep debris from getting inside the engine compartment. And last but not least the shape of the new hood exhausts didnt seem to follow the lines of the hood as well as the NY auto show version... IMHO

What do you think?

14. Ravenge

Ravenge Member

The yellow car is just a GT.

In regards to the tail of the red show car, it's great the way it is. If they HAVE to move the brake light down off the spoiler they shouldn't move the SHELBY lettering sideways but down in place of the fake gas tank cover.

I like the design of the fake gas tank cover, they should move that to the right side of the vehicle and just use it as the actual fuel tank cover.

Ideally they should just leave it the same as the show car, the brake light looks great on the spoiler.

15. Shlby

Shlby Member

16. KenG.

KenG. Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the actual car will not have the lettering, partly because the stripes are going to be decals (vs paint like the show car). The hood on the yellow car is the one they will be ussing for production. I am sure it will have an emblem of some sort on the rear.

17. Ravenge

Ravenge Member

Gah! That sounds terrible! I don't like anything about that whole idea. I might paint the stripes on myself and I want the SHELBY lettering :grrr:

18. KenG.

KenG. Well-Known Member

I am hoping that you can get the car without the top stripes. Then you can add the lettering if you like.

19. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

[​IMG]

Looks like Shelby was listening to us. These letters are available from shopshelby.com for $56.00

20. KF-Viper

KF-Viper Member

Hate to say it but the Eleanor kit for the 2005 looks better then that yellow
    thing thy're about to produce.:mad: