Join Shelby Forums Today

2007 GT500, what does everyone think?

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by crpadiem, Mar 2, 2006.

1. crpadiem

crpadiem New Member

So what does everyone think of the new shelby??

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Re: 2007 gt500

Welcome to the site.

I think the new GT500 is a cool car, but despite some badging, I don't feel it has a Shelby identity.

But who cares? It is a 475 hp road warrior. The car is going to be a great ride.

robin

3. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

If it's built after 1967, it just doesn't matter, to me. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2006
  4. Kickstand

Kickstand Well-Known Member

I guess I'll have to sell my 68 now

5. SFM6S2015

SFM6S2015 Well-Known Member

how much?

6. pico

pico Member

I loved the new stang's shape when it came out. But when I sat in it and drove it, it just wasnt enough to make me shell out the dinero (besides the fact that my wife hated riding in it and not being able to see well) to have one in the driveway. When I saw the GT500...everything I didnt like about the car vanished. The body changes are great. The power is going to be fantastic. I'm sure a lot of classic Shelby owners wont feel the same. But this is a chance (maybe the last chance) for the younger generation to get into the elite club of Shelby ownership. With that said, please dont buy them so I can get mine at MSRP or below!

7. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

If you are talking about buying a brand new Shelby, then you may be right (although it is debatable whether it will be recognized as a "real" Shelby). However, the prices on GLH-S' and the rest of the 80's Shelby cars is very reasonable. It seems only a matter of time before these unique cars will move into the price explosion of the other Shelby models.

robin

8. pico

pico Member

I was talking new. I hadnt really thought that it would be debatable if it was a real Shelby or not. You are quite right though. I talked to a business associate that ownes a 68 GT500KR and he told me he wasnt interested in the new GT500 and had a look on his face that I was crazy to put the two cars in the same sentence. Oh well, to each his own...and I want to own a 2007 Mustang GT500.

9. Herb Lemmons Jr

Herb Lemmons Jr New Member

I want one so bad i have a 2005 GT Mustang in torch red i would like to do a trade in with the Dealership here in San Diego,Ca but ill see what happens!

10. pico

pico Member

Good luck! You'll need it! I know exactly how you feel.

11. pico

pico Member

You started this thread but never told us what you think.

12. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

What do you think? 2007 GT500 a Shelby or not?

Well, as for Shelby or not, I say "yes" but that can and always will be debated, especially by the owners of the 60's Shelby's. I believe we have another thread with this discussion. What is not debatable is that the 2007 GT500 is a kick ass car and Carroll absolutely believes this to be true and is proud to have his name on it. Any and all marketing aside, I have talked to him about the car and he thinks it is a fantastic car to drive.

I have only sat in one, never driven one, but I definitely look forward to when I can get behind the wheel with the keys in the ignition. It's not going to be the same car for every person, some will love it and some will hate it. I personally would have preferred a few changes but I think that ultimately, it will be an outstanding car that many will be proud to own and enjoy.

Randall

13. venomsnake

venomsnake Member

...Well too me, it really doesn't matter too me what other people say whether they own an old shelby mustang or not,...the new one being the most powerful factory mustang ever built in Ford's history,...will smoke the old shelby mustangs,any day of the week....and Carroll himself has put his stamp of approval on it,and said we all will be pleasantly surprised,and that he would not allow his name too be on any product unless he thought it was good enough for him!...So if it's good enough for Carroll,..It's good enough for me!!!..I do wish a few things were changed in looks,...I would like it meaner looking with hood,side scoops,and shelby tailights,..other than that,I'm very happy with car and it's a Shelby gt500!!:thumbup: