Join Shelby Forums Today

427 side oiler flat cams

Discussion in 'Shelby Cobra' started by E. Neil Larson, Sep 7, 2005.

1. E. Neil Larson

E. Neil Larson Member

Hi, I put my late model side oiler together in 1990, and have flattened two cams since than. It is a hydraulic block, and has a couple of modified plugs in the rear two gallaries for running solid lifters, which I am doing...My question is, can I plug the front gallery by the distributor hole, as the cam is oiled from the bottom, as depicted in drawings of a side oiler oiling system, without hyd. lifters.I would assume, I am not getting enough oil to the lifters, hence flat cams. It also goes through push rods, they sharpen up on the bottom end, from lack of oil I am sure...Can anyone help, I want a fix, not a try and see. Any help would be appreciated..Thanks, Neil in N.Dak.

2. dwdshelby

dwdshelby Active Member

Call George Anderson at Gessford Machine or Keith Kraft. Look up the number on the web. Either one will have the answers.

George built my engine which is very similar to yours - if I recall properly there were some significant changes to oil system.

3. E. Neil Larson

E. Neil Larson Member

Not enough information, to contact Gressford Mach. or the names you mentioned. Do you have more information, so I may contact the shop? Thanks, Neil

4. dwdshelby

dwdshelby Active Member

Neil,

Try www.gessford.com or 1-800-829-3448 or 1-402-463-9844. George Anderson is the owner. He built my 427 SO for my Superformance and my 428 PI for my '67 GT 500. Very happy - Gessford is one of the recognized best builders of FE engines in the US.

Dave

5. E. Neil Larson

E. Neil Larson Member

Dave, thanks for the help, I have contacted his partner, and got some answers, will jugle his and a side oiler builder, in Wash. state, and do a little of each. Hope to have the KR on the road again, in a week or so...Thanks, again, Neil in N.Dak. :guitar: