Join Shelby Forums Today

'69 Taillamp wiring harness...

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by turbolc2, Mar 6, 2008.

1. turbolc2

turbolc2 New Member

I have a '69 GT500 and I need a rear wiring harness yesterday :blink: . I feel like I have scoured the web and I cannot find anything. Accuracy does not matter. If a Cougar harness will work then that is fine with me. Either way, I cannot seem to find Cougar or Shelby harnesses, just regular Mustang. Can someone point me in a direction. Thanks....

2. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

The 69/70 Shelby harness is not reproduced at this time . The 69/70 Shelby tail harness is Shelby unique and completly different from the cougar harness unlike what is commonly thought (by those that have not tried to make one work). The original is a tough piece to find. It is possible to cobble something together using a cougar harness to start. I helped build one once for a friend building a clone Shelby. The Cougar harness is not reproduced ether. You have to salvage one from a 69 Cougar. Look in hemmings or on ebay.
    Any knowledgable 69/70 enthusiest would be able to tell the difference between the two. I wouldn't want to have to do it again.
    If you can't find anything I might be willing to TRADE ONLY with the spare
    I have for other rare Shelby parts of any year . I will not price it only trade at this time.

3. shlb69

shlb69 Member

I want to say I have a tailight wiring harness buried somewhere, but that is the questions, where. Will look and see if I can find it.

4. vintageupgrades

vintageupgrades Member

I can build one for you. If you need a template, I have a 70 500 here at the shop. Give me a call.

5. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

6. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

The reproductions are $375 shipped to you, thanx

:thumbup:

7. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

This is the first I have heard of the one that Pete has had made but if it is anything like the other wiring he has done it is most probably very well done. Bob