Join Shelby Forums Today

Assistance with insurance value

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by GT350HZ@aol.com, Jun 19, 2005.

1. I am looking for actual sales numbers of 1966 Gt 350H cars #1 and #2
    condition. I saw the car that was auctioned in Tulsa (# 700 for those keeping
    track) that was repainted but otherwise unrestored. It had 83,000 miles, pretty
    good interior with a nice woodgrain wheel, some items that needed to be
    corrected, the R model valance and a "dealer installed" air conditioner the most
    obvious. It sold for $79,000 + the buyers fee ($85,320). I do not need car
    numbers, just enough information that I can provide the insurance company. If
    they can contact you about the information that would be best (only if
    absolutely necessary).

The reason that I am asking for the information is my insurance company
    would like better substantiation for me to raise the insured value of my car.

2. Sounds like you need a good, bona fide, appraisal from a reputable appraiser. A reputable company like Orlando Mustang can do it for you.
    IMHO, sales figures are NOT always reliable and in some cases can be downright fictitious.
    In Canada, you MUST have a legitimate appraisal, with photos and car history, updates, condition etc. etc. before you can get insurance on a classic car. Here it costs about $100.00 and is well worth it.
    Just my $.02 worth.
    Ron
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 12:38 PM
    Subject: Assistance with insurance value

I am looking for actual sales numbers of 1966 Gt 350H cars #1 and #2 condition. I saw the car that was auctioned in Tulsa (# 700 for those keeping track) that was repainted but otherwise unrestored. It had 83,000 miles, pretty good interior with a nice woodgrain wheel, some items that needed to be corrected, the R model valance and a "dealer installed" air conditioner the most obvious. It sold for $79,000 + the buyers fee ($85,320). I do not need car numbers, just enough information that I can provide the insurance company. If they can contact you about the information that would be best (only if absolutely necessary).

The reason that I am asking for the information is my insurance company would like better substantiation for me to raise the insured value of my car.