Join Shelby Forums Today

Carberator

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Camilla, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Camilla

Camilla Guest

Hi Guys.

Just about to finally bring my 69 GT 500 home. It has been in the shop getting everything done underneath. What my engineer has said is one of the reasons we were fouling during town runs and loading up is that the carb is likely warped. He has looked at it and has suggested rather than dealing with the carb and although this is not for the purist point of view, is to find a NOS or an exact new one. Since I am in New Zealand they are not readily available. Does someone have one or can someone make suggestions as to what we can find for a new one for the 69's.

Thanks in advance
    Randall
    randall.paul@randallpaul.com

2. Randall:
    Pony Carburetors, who advertise in Mustang Monthly all the time, probably have a concours exchange one sitting in stock. You might want to contact them. Try www.ponycarburetors.com, or
    1-800-431-1612, which will probably not work in New Zealand and you would likely wake them up in the middle of the night. They are in Las Cruces New Mexico.
    You could also try E-Bay, but most likely you are buying someone else's problems. You could also try Jim Cowles at Shelby Restorations. I don't have his e-mail address but he is on the Shelby list and will likely contact you.
    Hope this helps
    Ron
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 4:59 PM
    Subject: Carberator

Hi Guys.

Just about to finally bring my 69 GT 500 home. It has been in the shop getting everything done underneath. What my engineer has said is one of the reasons we were fouling during town runs and loading up is that the carb is likely warped. He has looked at it and has suggested rather than dealing with the carb and although this is not for the purist point of view, is to find a NOS or an exact new one. Since I am in New Zealand they are not readily available. Does someone have one or can someone make suggestions as to what we can find for a new one for the 69's.

Thanks in advance
    Randall
    randall.paul@randallpaul.com