Join Shelby Forums Today

Change Auto tranny for Stick 2007 SGT

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by elcapitan, Feb 2, 2008.

1. elcapitan

elcapitan Member

2. Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350 Well-Known Member

I went to purchase a GT500, and was told that they cost $75,000 and "they probably won't be getting anymore. They are tough to find anywhere."
    "BUT.... we have a GT350 (I know it's a ShelbyGT) in the showroom for $50,000." and I fell in love with it. I didn't do any research on it just bought it that day on the spot. If I would have waited and shopped around I would have had my 500 for less than I paid for the GT.
    That sir, is why I'm in the same boat, I believed a salesman!!! :doh:

Take care
    Doug

3. John76

John76 Well-Known Member

Wow! That story makes me want to throw up. I had a similar situation happen when a friend called me from the showroom of a dealership in Nashville. He told me they have this really nice shelby, super rare, sitting on the floor for a bargain price of $45 k. The sales manager was cutting him a great deal because he was such a good guy and the GT 500 was $75k. And he was about to pull the trigger, but thought he should call me first to see what kind of modifications he could do after he bought it. Under penalty and threat of me calling his wife he left the dealership and went home and starting researching. He almost got F*%#ed by the dealer....another family dealership taking a liking to a guy and making him a deal.

On the other side of the spectrum i went with another friend to look at a GT 500 while working in Kansas City. The big dealer in town, not wanting to turn away good business, made him a deal at MSRP. He got his 08 GT 500 white w/ blue stripes for $48 k and change. So i guess it depends on the dealer and whether you are an informed buyer.

Good luck and i hope you find your car!

4. Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350 Well-Known Member

Definitely!!! I learned a hard lesson! :doh: I took on a second job (which I love) to help pay for it.
    My BIG complaint was my son use to work for that dealer and the management at the dealer made it sound like the "Market Adjustment" was a Ford program! They use to mark up the Mustang GT! :thumbdown The salesman only gets his percentage of the entire sale and the rest went to the dealer. My son was shocked when I informed him of the truth.

Oh well rant over.
    Have a great day! and remember,
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave well rested and in perfect shape, but to come sliding in sideways, totally worn out, screaming... Holy Crap what a ride!!!