Join Shelby Forums Today

Crystal Ball ......New Shelby Mustangs

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by 1175, Oct 6, 2006.

1. 1175

1175 Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on future collectiblity of the 2007 GT 500 vs. the Shelby GT-H and the up coming Shelby GT? What makes the GT-H and Shelby GT unique to me is that they seem to follow a similar path as the originals. They are sent to Shelby as production Mustangs and modified by hand rather than a stand alone true production car such as the Shelby GT 500. Any thoughts? I realize there is a 175 HP difference, but is horsepower everything?

2. Snakehead

Snakehead Member

At least the GT500 is materially different than a standard GT. GT500 buyers are getting something for the admittedly high premium (especially with the current ridiculous ADMs). The Shelby GT is not materially different than a standard GT and the buyers are, for the most part, paying for nothing other than the Shelby name (and the Shelby GTs will surely command high ADMs as well).

I respect other's opinions, but for my dollars I'll take the GT500 any day. I picked mine up last month and I'm loving every minute behind the wheel (the supercharger whine is addictive).

Horsepower and performance isn't everything, but its probably 9 out of the 10 yards. Just my .02.

:D

3. mastersmech1

mastersmech1 Member

What he said:)