Join Shelby Forums Today

dougp

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by dougp, Mar 3, 2007.

1. dougp

dougp Member

Hey: I'm the new member. Up until yesterday did not have a Shelby, therefore no reason to be a member. My GT500 came in after almost 2 years of waiting. Put my money down on May 21, 2005. Was going to pick it up to-day but hopefully by the end of next week the roads will be clear of all that snow so I can drive it home. Then it will sleep with my 65 mustang convertible and 67 mustang fastback for another 3 - 4 weeks.

It will be interesting to see how the 2007 runs in comparision to the 67 Big Block this summer.

thanx
    doug

2. svt2205

svt2205 Member

Welcome to the site. Post a couple pics when you get your new car. What color is the 500?

3. dougp

dougp Member

Grabber orange, convertible, got the navigation package and "BRA" although it will never come out of the box. Did not get the shaker package, looked at couple of Mustang's with the shaker and felt it took up to much trunk space.
    Bought this puppy to drive in the summer.
    looking forward to it as my wife does not like to ride in my older cars on the 400 series highways. Just lap belts etc.
    We plan to take a trip across the country this summer. Will go south to Chicago then west through to the coast. My wife has a brother in Southern Idaho. We will then park in either Seattle or Vancouver and do the Alaska cruise before returning home through the northern route. It will be nice because we have not driven that route since the early 70's when we went to U. of A. and our honeymoon was driving back to university. This will 35 years. Unbelievable how time flys.

4. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Wow, that sounds like a great drive. :thumbup: Welcome to the site Doug.
    Randall