Join Shelby Forums Today

driving parts prices up..

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Cevon Mclean, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Cevon Mclean

Cevon Mclean Guest

Hi Jim,

Im guilty too,, helping to drive the prices up too...I bid $2,150.02 on
    a set of used 67 Shelby carbs, and was out bid...Now i see pony
    carbs wants to sell me a set for 2500...!...*URG*...no thanks....I
    might be better off buying them from them, but my Branda ones
    work fine for my driver...I now feel the carbs wont affect the price
    when i go to sell it..hell a different motor dosent...
    Cevon...

To: <ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com>
    Subject: Re: 67 GT-350 fuel pump
    Date sent: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:33:40 -0800

I was the "nameless" guy that paid $ 800.00 for an NOS 67 GT500 Fan Shroud in the Ford box. That would be reasonable today for the same part. I put it on for SAAC 27 and took it off for a nice used one that I had. I still have it in the box..Guess its used now? It rode around on the car for less
    than a tank of fuel.
    Good parts are pricey, but unless a good repo part is out there, do we have a choice? A nice restoration deserves good parts.

Thanks, Jim Elsmore

'66 Shelby GT350H #1882 - Hertz/Non Hertz Car!
    '66 Shelby GT350 #2306 - Vintage Racer
    '67 Shelby GT350 #2736 - In Restoration process

visit www.nvsaac.com
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: SSIMM@triad.rr.com ; DMGT350@aol.com ; lwbarnett2@msn.com ; ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:14 PM
    Subject: Re: 67 GT-350 fuel pump

Stan:

I don't necessarily agree with your statement. I install only NOS or very good used parts on my car when the need arises and my car is a driver. Unfortunately as we all know, with the soaring prices of the cars so goes the NOS parts along with it. I know of people that have installed higher
    priced NOS parts than that fuel pump, on their non thoroughbred cars. Example: a few years back, someone on this list (who shall remain nameless) paid what would be considered a lot of money (more than the fuel pump) for an NOS 67 Shelby GT-500 fan shroud, and installed it on his car. The reason
    it was so expensive, as many parts are today is because of it's rarity. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing, because it shows that he was willing to pay the exorbitant amount of money to make the car that mush more correct. So that is why people pay the kind of money that they do.

Kenny