Join Shelby Forums Today

Ebay auction- Boy - couldnt this service be missused?

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Shlbyman@aol.com, May 23, 2006.

1. Check out ebay # 4643054939 . Its for Camaro but who knows what else they
    sell?

Roger Bynum
    70 Gt500
    Delta, CO.

2. what ever happened to the guy making the vin stamps for ford and selling
    them on ebay. I remember that was a hot topic at one time

bob

3. Roger:
    I may be missing something here because one can purchase the same thing for Mustangs from some well known vendors at much less money.
    Maybe GM is just catching up?
    Ron

----- Original Message -----
    To: shelbymustang (AT) carmemories (DOT) com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:41 AM
    Subject: Ebay auction- Boy - couldnt this service be missused?

Check out ebay # 4643054939 . Its for Camaro but who knows what else they sell?

Roger Bynum
    70 Gt500
    Delta, CO.

4. I guess this is a "trim Tag" and not a VIN tag. But it does seem expensive
    with the lettering and everything.

Roger

5. please correct me if I am wrong, but the ford door tag is not for
    registration but rather for warranty purposes and will provide some of the basic option
    configurations for the car. I belive the one on the firewall of the Chevy is
    a vin identifier tag

bob

6. Joe Bright

Joe Bright Guest

Bob, If you are talking about the gentleman from "BackEastTags" (I'm not sure if that is the correct name of the business or not) who advertises in the Snakebite Bulletin I contacted him recently about a Ford VIN tag. He basically tongue lashed me via email for simply asking if he could email me a sample of his work. I was very polite and have no idea why he reacted like he did. He told me something like: "If you need for somebody to babysit you then call the guys at SAAC." I still have no idea what he was upset about. Just thought that I should warn you. He does have a website. If you need for me to get it for you just let me know. Joe Bright, Asheville, North Carolina.
    To: Shlbyman (AT) aol (DOT) com ; shelbymustang (AT) carmemories (DOT) com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:11 AM
    Subject: Re: Ebay auction- Boy - couldnt this service be missused?

what ever happened to the guy making the vin stamps for ford and selling them on ebay. I remember that was a hot topic at one time

bob

7. Try Marti Auto. He is nice, fast and does a great job. No tongue lashing and lots of help.
    Ron
    To: RSANTER (AT) aol (DOT) com
    Cc: Shelby
    Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:09 PM

Bob, If you are talking about the gentleman from "BackEastTags" (I'm not sure if that is the correct name of the business or not) who advertises in the Snakebite Bulletin I contacted him recently about a Ford VIN tag. He basically tongue lashed me via email for simply asking if he could email me a sample of his work. I was very polite and have no idea why he reacted like he did. He told me something like: "If you need for somebody to babysit you then call the guys at SAAC." I still have no idea what he was upset about. Just thought that I should warn you. He does have a website. If you need for me to get it for you just let me know. Joe Bright, Asheville, North Carolina.
    To: Shlbyman (AT) aol (DOT) com ; shelbymustang (AT) carmemories (DOT) com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:11 AM

what ever happened to the guy making the vin stamps for ford and selling them on ebay. I remember that was a hot topic at one time

bob

8. the people at marti are great. have had good service from them for years

bob