Join Shelby Forums Today

ffrp svt1 exhaust

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by formervettowner, Jun 30, 2008.

1. formervettowner

formervettowner Member

Anybody buy the ffrp svt1 exhaust for their gt500. This is the 50 state legal. If so are you happy with them. I dont want to loud but I do want a nice throaty sound. I want to shift by sound and not tach for normal driving. Thanks

2. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

I don't know about the frp M-5230-SVT1 exhaust but, if you are a former vette owner, as your screen name implies, I am sure you have heard of Corsa. They make a great exhaust for the GT500, it is 50 state legal, has a lifetime guarantee and sounds great. They a fairly quite will cruising and sound great when you open it up. The best part is they have absolutely no drone. If you have ever ridden it a car with drone you know what a headache that can be. Hope this helps.

http://www.corsaperf.com/shelby_touring_2.htm

3. formervettowner

formervettowner Member

I did have Corsa on my last c5 and I thought it sounded to much like a motor boat. Good quality just not the right sound for me.

4. formervettowner

formervettowner Member

Well I guess I can answer my own question. I installed them today. They are pretty mild just a step up from stock. Deep and throaty but not loud. No drone. I think i would have liked a little more sound. Maybe once I run them for awhile they will get louder. I do know that my stock mufflers were sounding better after 750 miles on them. We did start the car before installing the new ones with no muffler and it did sound pretty damn good but would be to loud for everyday driving. sorry no sound clips.