Join Shelby Forums Today

Fwd: Shelby licensing

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by grr456@aol.com, Mar 27, 2006.

1. FYI.........

Forward to all please.

Upon placing an order thru Branda I found out that Shelby Licensing will no longer allow Shelby products to be sold thru .coms such as Branda, etc. Items such as emblems, stripe kits and so forth will have to be purchased thru Shelby. The other thing is that proof will have to be provided in order to establish ownership of a real car and not a clone. From what I understand it will become expensive to buy these items. Just a little FYI.

2. STAN SIMM

STAN SIMM Guest

Re: Shelby licensing

All-
    No surprises here. Case in point: There is a small but extremely successful German tuner/manufacturer by the name of Alpina just South of Munich. They produce a limited number of cars each year, derived from BMW. They will not sell their logo parts to anyone without the serial number of the car involved and proof of ownership from the prospective buyer. All that...and the parts are outrageously expensive to boot.
    Hang on to your wallets...It's going to be a bumpy ride!
    Regards, Stan
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: ShelbyMustang (AT) carmemories (DOT) com
    Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 12:49 PM
    Subject: Fwd: Shelby licensing

FYI.........

Forward to all please.

Upon placing an order thru Branda I found out that Shelby Licensing will no longer allow Shelby products to be sold thru .coms such as Branda, etc. Items such as emblems, stripe kits and so forth will have to be purchased thru Shelby. The other thing is that proof will have to be provided in order to establish ownership of a real car and not a clone. From what I understand it will become expensive to buy these items. Just a little FYI.
    </o:SmartTagT

3. Jeff Fox

Jeff Fox Guest

Re: Shelby licensing

I guess non original Shelby guys that need these parts will have to make good friends with you guys that have the right serial numbers so they can help their buddies obtain them :)

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 11:49 AM

FYI.........

Forward to all please.

4. ecj

ecj Guest

This is an issue all about clones and what Shelby Enterprises thinks they are going to do to stop the creation of clones.&nbsp;They are going to tell people like Branda, Mustangs Unlimited, and all&nbsp;other vendors not to sell things like emblems and side stripe kits unless you have a real Shelby you are restoring. Money is not even an issue at this point. The people at Shelby Enterprises are&nbsp;very out of touch with reality.&nbsp;All it will do is to force vendors to make side stripe kits where you can insert your own final letters from a large number of&nbsp;letters and numbers in one kit. Sounds like Shelby Enterprises is trying to put all this nonsense in place before&nbsp;Mr. CS passes on so it can't be changed. It is also my understanding that they are not even going after the fiberglass partrs, just the stuff that says Shelby, GT500 and GT350.ational is on this &nbsp;Something like this won't hurt the hobby in the long run but it will potentially hurt people like the Tony Brandas in the short run. I'd love to know what the official (and unoffical) opinion of the SAAC National is on this? I wonder if Mr. CS knows or even cares.

&nbsp;

Jim Seisser

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Mar 27, 2006 12:49 PM

FYI..........

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Forward to all please.

&nbsp;

________________________________________ PeoplePC Online A better way to Internet http://www.peoplepc.com