Join Shelby Forums Today

Greetings

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Miketorino, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Miketorino

Miketorino New Member

I am a 1970 Torino, 1977 Mark V, 1969 Marauder guy, but I am seriously considering an '07 GT 500 Convertible. When will I be able to know how much will it cost and do I have to call it a Mustang?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

Are you Mike from TorinoCobra.com fame.

3. 67GT500#2100

I guess not after checking your zipcode. He is from the Detroit area and you are from one of my favorite snowmobiling areas. Anyway, welcome another Michigander to the site and if you own it (2007 GT500) you can call it anything you want.

4. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

Best looking of the Mark series, 77,78,79. I have a 78.

5. Miketorino

Miketorino New Member

I live in Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan. Mike the Cobra (Michael Choliero) lives in Roseville which is about 5 hours South of me. He is a great guy. My guess is if you know him, you know Mike McFord McPhillips. Mr. Cobra has a great forum if you are interested and every year he has a beach bash at Metro Park.

The '07 Convertible has my attention only because I am burnt out on building my own cars and in a moment of weakness thought of buying "new." I am 41 and was one of those guys as a kid would go to all the dealerships when the new cars came out. Eventually I genuinely lost the desire to look at the new stuff. This car is the first one that will make me go to the dealership just like I was a kid and the new models came in during August. I have no genuine "dig" against the Mustang and my comment is a friendly rib. Of course I am resentful of the Mustang's availabilty of parts with a killer weight to h.p. ratio.

My 70 Torino GT was "finished" and I mean really pristine and kicking butt in the looks and GO depatment. It was streetable and dependable as I put 30k a year on it for about 2 years. On the otherhand have any of us ever "finished a car? I decided to make it better. I fabricated a set of Hooker Headers to fit a 351 4V w/ power steering and a 4 speed. I put a gearvendor unit in, put electric cut outs in, did the strut bushings, fixed a leak in the water neck and intake manifold, and put a Performer 750 on. Then I put a V Gate II in line shifter in. I had to do a major fabrication on the tunnel hump.

Now I have to put the interior back in.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  6. 67GT500#2100

I have met Mike from TorinoCobra.com I park with him for a couple different years at the Woodward Dream Cruise. I had a 71 Torino Cobra which I sold last year. I would love to see some pictures of your Torino. It sound awesome. I am 37 and I also used to cruise the new car lots all the time. Ford had so many cool cars to choose from compared to the boring lineup they have today outside of the Mustang.