Join Shelby Forums Today

Hello from AZ.

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Kimber, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Kimber

Kimber New Member

Hi to all from sunny Arizona. I am looking forward to getting to know this forum. Thanks for being here.

2. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Hey welcome to the forum!
    Tell us more about your interest in shelbys.
    Lots of good people here ready to answer any questions.
    Best Regards,
    Vern

3. ph8ed4life

ph8ed4life Active Member

Please, more!

I'm in tucson, where are you?

4. kenlaver@msn.com

kenlaver@msn.com New Member

I'm also in AZ. North Scottsdale. I have my 2008 GT500 about two weeks. It's Grabber Orange with Black stripes. Do you want to try to get together and find other owners in the Valley? Let me know.
    Ken

5. Kimber

Kimber New Member

Hi Everyone and thanks for your posts. I am here in Gold Canyon, Az. I live at the base of the beautiful Superstition Mountains. I am so lucky! I am orginally from Ohio and that is where my 1966 Mach One Mustang still resides. I know it's a Mustang but I have used quite a few Shelby parts to modify it. I also collect Shelby collectibles, such as diecasts, posters, etc...Which, I am thinking of selling some and I am trying to find out their possible values. I would insert some photos of the car, but I need to learn how. I am also in the process of getting the car transported out here, but since this is my baby I need to be careful who I do get to transport it here. Any info you have to share would be of great help to me. I am the orginal owner and therefore I am sure you all understand my concerns. The car has less the 30,000 miles on it and it hasn't really seen much daylight! Thanks again for the posts and I look forward to communicating with all of you.
    Kimber

6. Mike Christie

Mike Christie Well-Known Member

I'm sure you already know this, but whomever you get to transport it to you, make sure they put the transmission in NEUTRAL, regardless of automatic or 4 speed and of course use the the emergency brake. I've seen so many so called professional transports services stick the shifter in park on an auto, or 1st gear on a manual. The slightest vibration between the gears over a long haul and lead to damage to the gears.
    Have fun in sunny Arizona, you are in a beautiful area.
    Michael Christie
    Snowy Colorado