Join Shelby Forums Today

Hood insulation 1969 Mustang

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Ronald Robertson, Feb 16, 2006.

1. I know this isn't a Shelby question, but this year, MCA require hood insulation on 1969's with AC. Up until now, repros are felt/fiberglass mats that look terrible and tend to sag even with the proper fasteners. MU supposedly have one that is approved by Ford. Anyone had any experience with them or know of a source for ones that duplicate those came from Ford in 1969? Any help appreciated.
    Ron

2. ecj

ecj Guest

I am not familiar with the MCA rules you are talking about but hood insulation is not for heat purposes but for sound purposes. It helps keep the noise down inside the vehicle.

Did “all” 1969 Mustang with AC get hood insulation or is hood insulation a 1969 Mustang Grande model issue? Any comments from anyone on this issue?

Jim Seisser

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Feb 10, 2006 12:41 PM
    To: Shelby Mustang
    Subject: Hood insulation 1969 Mustang

I know this isn't a Shelby question, but this year, MCA require hood insulation on 1969's with AC. Up until now, repros are felt/fiberglass mats that look terrible and tend to sag even with the proper fasteners. MU supposedly have one that is approved by Ford. Anyone had any experience with them or know of a source for ones that duplicate those came from Ford in 1969? Any help appreciated.

Ron

________________________________________ PeoplePC Online A better way to Internet http://www.peoplepc.com

3. Jim:
    According to the new MCA rules established 2005, Hood insulation is required on A/C non ram air models and all Grande.
    Ron
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:26 PM
    Subject: Re: Hood insulation 1969 Mustang

I am not familiar with the MCA rules you are talking about but hood insulation is not for heat purposes but for sound purposes. It helps keep the noise down inside the vehicle.

Did "all" 1969 Mustang with AC get hood insulation or is hood insulation a 1969 Mustang Grande model issue? Any comments from anyone on this issue?

Jim Seisser

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Feb 10, 2006 12:41 PM
    Subject: Hood insulation 1969 Mustang

I know this isn't a Shelby question, but this year, MCA require hood insulation on 1969's with AC. Up until now, repros are felt/fiberglass mats that look terrible and tend to sag even with the proper fasteners. MU supposedly have one that is approved by Ford. Anyone had any experience with them or know of a source for ones that duplicate those came from Ford in 1969? Any help appreciated.
    Ron