Join Shelby Forums Today

Looking for 69 350 info

Discussion in 'Lost, Found & Looking' started by jethot, Feb 14, 2006.

1. jethot

jethot Member

Hi Everyone ,Great Forum , Found it last nite while surfing. I have a 69 350 ser# 2968 it is from upstate NewYork it was sold new thru Larsen Ford in White Plains NY , I think it also lived in Washington state for a while in the 80s. Im looking for any info or pictures of the car from any time period also any past owners , car was also drag raced for a while with a Boss 351 in it I think. Car is currently being restored , its a candy apple red , paint code is T5 on door plate which stripe is correct gold or white? Any and all help is greatly appreciated as allways !!!

THANKS
    Vince

2. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

Hi Vince,
    You've pretty much got the registry info on your car. I would contact Vinnie Liska who is the 69 registrar if you haven't already. He may have warranty records for your car which often have owners name. My 68 also came from Larsen Ford. I got the original owners name from the warranty records and did a search on the internet. Turned out original owner still lived in White Plains! I called him and he was very surprised it was still around. He traded it in on a Vette :noway: in 71.
    Larsen Ford has a lot of racing history. Bill Kolb, who was probably the # 1 Shelby saleman in the country through Gotham Motors NYC, was the performance salesman @ Larsen. He later on went back and bought Larsen and it became White Plains Ford. I think he now owns a Subaru dealership in NY.
    Tim

3. jethot

jethot Member

Hi Tim

I tried doing a search on line but came up empty , but I did manage to talk to a guy with the same name as one of the owners and he did remember the car but that was the best I ever came up with .I also contacted White Plains Ford they said all records were gone from that time. I will ask Vinnie Liska if he has any info.

Thanks
    Vince
    :doh:

4. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

You should also be contacting Kevin Marti for the original sales Invoices (Eminger Invoices), have him send them overnight express mail. More information on my website www.thecoralsnake.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2007
  5. jethot

jethot Member

Hi Corral Snake
    I have the Marti delux report with a copy of the invoice to the dealership but thats as far as it goes. I did contact Vinnie at SAAC he can not tell me any more than whats in the registry . Good news is the car is 1 of 2 . I went to your web site very impressive, can I contact you with some restoration questions.
    Thanks
    Vince

6. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I am by no means a 1969 expert, but I can tell you what is on my car. It is pretty original. I have been documenting some of the front suspension features lately. That is all being update for driving and lowered just a tad. :thumbsup: :guns:

7. GeneS12320

GeneS12320 New Member

My 69 GT500 came from Larsen Ford also. My car was drag raced with a Boss 351 also. It had had a engine fire at some point and had the front replaced with a standard Mustang front. I have started restoring it and installing the correct parts. I just purchased a Larsen Ford performance ad. If you Email me your address, I will send you a copy. If you come across anything, you can do the same. onecoolcow@msn.com
    Gene

8. jethot

jethot Member

:thumbup: Hi Gene
    Thanks for the info , how far along are you , I have a few extra front end parts if you still need parts let me know.
    Thanks
    Vince