Join Shelby Forums Today

Muscle Car Nationals

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by Coralsnake, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

2. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

Cool pictures. Not much from 1969 left in that XP Charger though. That thing is as close to a rebody as you can get without actually being a rebody.

3. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

Pete, all great photos. And yes, this show was loaded with 1 of 1's, prototypes from manufacturers, and plent of other items of interest.
    Those 58 Corvettes were all owned by the same fellow including the 55 and the 53 at the front of the line.
    How many shows were any of you at where there was even one Cyclone Spoiler? Well, there were two at this show in the same color.
    There was also one 71 Stroppe-built Bronco, red, white and blue paint theme.
    The swim-suited girls at the 67 Convertible were handing out a little brouchures about the car, just like at the old autoshows.
    There was THE Olds 442 C'vert that paced the Indy 500 there. I knew it was special by the 3 chome grab handles in the interior.
    There was also a row of 70 Camaro big block cars, 8 to 10 of them way in the back.

4. Bill Hamilton

Bill Hamilton Member

5. Coralsnake

Bill,

I didnt take any others. Does the current owner know of you? I can put you in touch if needed.....

6. Bill Hamilton

Bill Hamilton Member

Thanks for the offer but I know him and Ed too. I helped him find it a few years back. I saw the car at Carlisle back in June as Ed had it there on a trailer. I talked with Jerry Hensley at the show and he took some pictures. Look for a story in Mustang Monthly's Rare Finds Column probably after the first of the year. I owned the car from 1973 to 1977 and then helped track it down again about five years ago. It has an interesting history that they are still researching.

Here's a link to part of the story I wrote back in 2007: http://www.hemmings.com/users/148197/story/388.html

7. Coralsnake

Yes, that is the first brass tag I have seen. I have seen references to others, but it was the first time I have seen it. Hopefully, we can find some more....

8. The_Model_Garage

The_Model_Garage Member

With all the pictures and comments that I've read about the Chicago show, I'm hoping to make it next year.

Dave in James Dean, IN

9. starttheengine

starttheengine New Member

10. Bashton

Bashton Member

2012 is already shaping up to be another outstanding show with increased Ford participation.

We will be adding an Aero Cars Invitational to the show this year, with Talledege's, Charger 500's, Cyclone Spoiler's, Superbirds, Daytona's and more.

The Shelby Snakepit will return with an emphasis on Cobra's in honor of Shelby Americans 50th anniversary.

Stay tuned!

Bashton
    MCACN Managing Member

11. Bashton

Bashton Member

Things have really taken off for MCACN 2012 and it is going to be a great year for Shelby's and Performance Ford's ranging from 1961 on up this year.

Please see my other post for more information on our 2012 show next month!

Bashton
    MCACN Managing Member
    www.mcacn.com