Join Shelby Forums Today

new shelby 2007 GT500

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by dan, Jun 2, 2006.

1. dan

dan Active Member

went to ford show today in pa ,saw the new shelby but to tell the truth not happy with it at all. i love the car and what it stands for and the people behind it .but the more i walked the worse it got gt350r/gt350fl gt500fl gt350fl gt350ie to many people in my opinion with there hands in fords pocket so when we hit our local burger king or cruise in its just going to be another car there all going to look alike and already do wings spoilers you name it,i understand we cant stop everyone from doing there own, but its not like the 60s, a shelby was a shelby. nothing else ,now a shelby is everything else. i want a new one but why bother maybe ill just kepp my old 66 just an opinion

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Re: new shelby

Definitely keep the '66. It is the real deal. The new car styling cues from the original but it never captures its essence.

robin

3. 07 Shelby Cobra

07 Shelby Cobra Active Member

You mean just like thousands of people who have taken regular 60s Mustangs and turned them into Clones?? :confused:

4. dan

dan Active Member

your not comparing the same thing i dont remember in 1966 walking around a ford show looking at 100 companies selling clone shelby's before the hit the show room floor . so your not even close to what im saying show me a a cloned shelby from 1965/66/67 that was cloned back then you might find a car that was wrecked and put back together useing a shelby vin but that wasnt a clone.. today there cloned because most cant afford the real deal all im saying is that there are to many choices today and its gottin to he point you cant tell them apart all i want to do is pull in the king and have a shelby not 50 people walking around trying to decide if its real or not .today there cloned meaning 07 because no one has put a stop to it can you stop it i dont think, so todays its about the money 1966 clones are because of availability and cost even todays lookalikes are almost more than the real deal just an opinion

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  5. 07 Shelby Cobra

Fair enough. Maybe we could just agree to agree that after 40 years we're fortunate enough to still have the Mustang kicking around and now a Shelby to Boot. No Camaro, no Challenger, no Trans Am, no Firebird, no Chevelle, no GN, no REAL Charger, no GTO again, etc.....
    The 07' Shelby? It's real. Ask Randal's Uncle, Mr. Carroll Shelby. :thumbup:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  6. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Carroll is Randall's grandfather.

7. 07 Shelby Cobra

Oooops! :eek:
    Even better!! :thumbsup: