Join Shelby Forums Today

New Top on my KR Convertible

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by mherman2, Jan 27, 2007.

1. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

Someone who owned the car in the last 8 years put a black top on the car. It came from A.O. Smith with a White Top in June of 1968. I just got the white top put back on it yesterday. Which look do you like better? I also am getting rid of the 10 spokes, I got some original steel wheels and original hub caps for it as well.

Just curious, black or white?

Mike

Attached Files:

2. kr03760

kr03760 Member

Great Car. Having The Same Debate With My Car. I Decided To Go With The Factory Color. Are You Going To Sell Your 10 Spokes? I Am Still Searching For 1 Steel Wheel For A Spare. Any Hints As Where To Locate One?

3. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

They were not "Genny" 10 spokes. I just keep checking Ebay and calling the known national shelby parts dealers.

Mike

P.S. My car is #3784, I bet they were built in NJ on the same day. I see yours is #3760.

4. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

I prefer the black top but the white top is ok since the side stripe is white.

robin

5. spf_970

spf_970 Member

I like the black better but if white was the original color thats what I would go with.

6. 66shelbynz

66shelbynz Well-Known Member

hi Mike - i prefer the white contrast - looks sweet mate !!....anyway who's ever going to see it...it'll never be up........where you live isn't it sunshine all day - everyday !!! :D cheers.... oh yeah...by the way.....that 68 GT500 is still for sale.:thumbup: