Join Shelby Forums Today

Next "Shelby"

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by CSX375, Jan 19, 2005.

1. CSX375

CSX375 Well-Known Member

Hello.

I was just wondering if Carrol thinks that there ever will be some one else who goes from chicken farmer to building some of the most competetive cars in the world, or has the automotive industry gone to corperate to let some Joe Person design and build a sports car?

Thanks.

Jim from PA

2. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

I believe the era of being able to do what he did for the auto industry (and his own personal Gain and enjoyment) is long gone. he was a pioneer whose contributions have been studied, Copied and made many many people Happy, Angry Rich and Poor! He is a Living Legend. Not many of them left. His Life is the stuff great Fiction could be made of. except it is Reality. Nowadays, you have to work your way through College and then into the Gene Pool of an automotive Giant who picks from an amazing group of applicants to see who will get the shot at designing the next 4 wheeled "Whatever". if it is unsuccessful, he is done. that is how things work now. BUt way back then, having a great Driving Careerunder his belt along with a big set of Stones, he applied himself and never lost sight of his goal. which of course is one of the simple keys to success. to answer your question, Never happen again. In my opinion of course!