Join Shelby Forums Today

OK, gang, are these 2007 G.T.500's ....

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by J.Bailey, Oct 9, 2006.

1. J.Bailey

J.Bailey Well-Known Member

actually selling at these prices? I see what they are being bid up to on eBay and I was wondering if the dealers were artificially bidding them up like they did with the Ford GT's. I've called a few dealers and they were asking $20,000+ above list but they had not sold them. Just curious as to what you guys are seeing across the country. Thanks in advance for your input, J.Bailey.

2. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

Dealers near me started out asking $20,000 over sticker and are now taking $10,000 over. They have been selling all they can get at $10,000 over for now. I am just going to wait til next year and hopefully get it at sticker then.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2006
  3. J.Bailey

I'm with you. Ford will obviously manufacture as.....

many cars (and more) as they can sell. By the dead of winter they will be at or under list price. At least I expect them to be BUT...I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.

4. GrabberOrange69

GrabberOrange69 Well-Known Member

I hear you on this - are they really changing hands for that much over sticker?! I think they probably are RIGHT NOW, but I agree, they will come down over time, especially if Ford intends to build 7000+ of these cars.

I initially was way gung-ho to get one, but after inquiring at several dealers Jan of this year, I was told they already had a waiting list 10+ deep and I needed 10K to get on the list, plus pay "market value" when they got the cars in the dealership. I decided to pass for the time being. My local dealer got 3 cars, all sold long before they hit the showroom. Interstingly, this same dealer had a Ford GT that sat fro 3 weeks before being sold, but that's out of my price range (for now :))

I think the long term prospects of getting one at list price is very good - they are building too many of them to hold the price up forever. I'll be waiting with you...

Bryan

5. J.Bailey

A business associate in Delaware got his for....

$5,000 over list. I know this for a fact. I think that that is the best deal so far that I know about. Are you guys aware of any better deals than $5,000 over list?

6. Snakehead

Snakehead Member

I paid $3,000 over MSRP, but my deal was negotiated and put in writing long before the order banks opened.

7. aonebadbone

aonebadbone Member

If they only make 10,000 of these cars do you all think that there is more than enough buyers even at 20,000 over sticker? The USA is a big place, lots of mustang fans.
    I got mine for over sticker more than 5,000 but less than 15,000. The dealer is making a killing on this car. Probably because they are losing there shorts on the rest of there inventory. The car is worth what ever you feel that you can afford.
    I sure am happy with mine. Red With White strips 1,000 watt stereo and Red and black interior. SMOKEN HOT!:guns:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2006
  8. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Some sympathy for dealers. They need a winner now and then

I know it's awful how the dealers jack up the prices on the Shelbys but
    I remember when Mazda dealers were going out of business left and right (out of a loss of interest in the rotary engine) and then the Miata came out and they had a winner that continues in popularity 15 some years later. You might say it saved them. So if you look at it that way, it's good that every automaker comes up with at least one winner every few years to tide them over until the automaker can get more desirable cars into the pipeline.

I think that now that Ford has unloaded Aston Martin for almost a billion dollars, and it only cost $100 million to tool up for the Ford GT, that they owe it to the enthusiasts to take 10% of what they sold Aston for and get the Cobra two seat Concept car or GT1 two seater coupe into production. That's a car, with slight design changes, Ford fans would pay an extra 10-20,000 for. And ironically, the coupe anyway will probably bury Aston Martin....

9. ColdwaterHotRod

ColdwaterHotRod Well-Known Member

With only a hand shake & a verbal word every month for a 1 1/2 yrs. I ordered mine August 18th, 2006 with only 5k down & it showed up November 7th, 2006. They held true & sold it too me for MSRP just like they did when they sold their 1st one at MSRP.

Now I'm #1 on the list for a 2008 GT500KR, but they said no way in hell was I getting it for MSRP this time, I said will talk more if & when they release a price for it & if you can get one.

As a side note... look for an announcement in about 1-2 weeks from SAI offering another special package for all 2007/2008 GT500 owners that will out run & handle the 2008 GT500KR that will soon debute at the New York Auto Show April 4th.