Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: 1966 Magnum 500 Wheels

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by GT350HZ@aol.com, Mar 24, 2005.

1. I have an original spare tire on the original wheel. So I know what the
    Hertz chrome wheels look like. I heard that a reconditioned set is around $300
    a wheel.

I have not seen the painted version, could you send me a picture?
    I could still use the paint color and the Ditzler or other number for it.

2. ken mann

ken mann Guest

I will get some photos, as soon as I can. I have been swamped lately. My N.O.S. painted Magnums are exactly like the chrome Hertz wheels. Same rim, and center. The black paint in between the spokes, is more of a flat tone, than on the chrome wheels. I do not think that you will find a paint code, for the painted wheels, as they are slightly textured, and not normally used on any exterior parts of any cars. I think that you would have some chance of finding a close match, if you tried contacting a Military Vehicle club, and ask what they use for the exterior of their cars (silica based paint), then you could match the color. I am sending a couple of shots of my Red '66 #745, so you can get an idea of the color. I have the wheels off of the car now, because I have been driving it a little. I will get the wheels out, and get some better photos A.S.A.P.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards;

Ken Mann
    6S745
    6S490 (white Hertz)
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: mustangmann@charter.net ; shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:26 PM
    Subject: Re: 1966 Magnum 500 Wheels

I have an original spare tire on the original wheel. So I know what the Hertz chrome wheels look like. I heard that a reconditioned set is around $300 a wheel.

I have not seen the painted version, could you send me a picture?
    I could still use the paint color and the Ditzler or other number for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
    Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.1 - Release Date: 3/23/2005

No virus found in this outgoing message.
    Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
    Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.1 - Release Date: 3/23/2005