Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: 66 PCV Valve Grommet

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by ecj, Apr 27, 2005.

1. ecj

ecj Guest

<HEAD>
    <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <DIV>
    <DIV>The 378766 S should be&nbsp;the Ford engineering part number.&nbsp;378766 S might be the Ford service part number in addition to the engieeering number.&nbsp;I assume the&nbsp;1 is&nbsp;the cavity number of the mold and that this part comes from a mold that has multiple cavities. My guess is that the&nbsp;FK 89 either stands for&nbsp;the mold number or the manufacturer and the mold number.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Jim Seisser<BR><BR><BR><BR>-----Original Message----- <BR>From: DMGT350@aol.com <BR>Sent: Apr 27, 2005 10:07 PM <BR>To: shelbymustang@carmemories.com <BR>Subject: 66 PCV Valve Grommet <BR><BR><ZZZHTML><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT size=2 PTSIZE="10">OK, here's a picky question for 66 owners, particularly those with original closed letter valve covers, or you judges out there. &nbsp;I'm curious about the numbers on original PCV valve grommets for Cobra closed letter valve covers. &nbsp;The numbers on mine are: "378766 S" followed by "FK 89" and what looks like a "1" off by itself. &nbsp;I have no idea what these numbers mean or how variable they are on original grommets. <BR><BR>Thanks, <BR>Dave McDonald <BR>6S1757</FONT></ZZZHTML> </DIV></DIV></FONT></BODY><PRE>