Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: 67 GT-350 fuel pump

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by ecj, Mar 25, 2005.

1. ecj

ecj Guest

<HEAD>
    <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <DIV>"SNORES"</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>S-lightly</DIV>
    <DIV>N-ew</DIV>
    <DIV>O-ld</DIV>
    <DIV>R-eturned and</DIV>
    <DIV>E-nclosed </DIV>
    <DIV>S-tock<BR></DIV>
    <DIV>Jim Seisser</DIV>
    <DIV><BR>-----Original Message----- <BR>From: NVSAAC <INFO@NVSAAC.COM><BR>Sent: Mar 25, 2005 12:33 PM <BR>To: ShelbyMustang@CarMemories.com <BR>Subject: Re: 67 GT-350 fuel pump <BR><BR></DIV><ZZZHTML><ZZZHEAD><ZZZMETA content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"><ZZZMETA content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name="GENERATOR">
    <STYLE></STYLE>
    </ZZZHEAD><ZZZBODY id=role_body style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bgColor="#ffffff" rightMargin="7" topMargin="7" leftMargin="7" bottomMargin="7">
    <DIV>I was the "nameless" guy that paid $ 800.00 for an NOS 67 GT500 Fan Shroud in the Ford box. That would be reasonable today for the same part. I put it on for SAAC 27 and took it off for a nice used one that I had. I still have it in the box..Guess its used now? It rode around on the car for less than a tank of fuel.</DIV>
    <DIV>Good parts are pricey, but unless a good repo part is out there, do we have a choice?&nbsp;A nice restoration deserves good parts.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Thanks, Jim Elsmore</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>'66 Shelby GT350H #1882 - Hertz/Non Hertz Car! <BR>'66 Shelby GT350 #2306 - Vintage Racer <BR>'67 Shelby GT350 #2736 - In Restoration process</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>visit <A href="http://www.nvsaac.com">www.nvsaac.com</A> &nbsp;</DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=Shelby6t7@aol.com href="mailto:Shelby6t7@aol.com">Shelby6t7@aol.com</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=SSIMM@triad.rr.com href="mailto:SSIMM@triad.rr.com">SSIMM@triad.rr.com</A> ; <A title=DMGT350@aol.com href="mailto:DMGT350@aol.com">DMGT350@aol.com</A> ; <A title=lwbarnett2@msn.com href="mailto:lwbarnett2@msn.com">lwbarnett2@msn.com</A> ; <A title=ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com href="mailto:ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com">ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:14 PM</DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: 67 GT-350 fuel pump</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>
    <DIV>Stan:</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>I don't necessarily agree with your statement. I install only NOS or very good used parts on my car when the need arises and my car is a driver.&nbsp;Unfortunately as we all know, with the soaring prices of the cars so goes the NOS parts along with it. I know of people that have installed higher priced NOS parts than that fuel pump, on their non thoroughbred cars. Example: a few years back, someone on this list (who shall remain nameless) paid what would be considered a lot of money (more than the fuel pump) for an NOS 67 Shelby GT-500 fan shroud, and installed it on his car. The reason it was so expensive, as many parts are today is because of it's rarity.&nbsp;Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing, because it shows that he was willing to pay the exorbitant amount of money to make the car that mush more correct. So that is why people pay the kind of money that they do.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Kenny</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></ZZZBODY></ZZZHTML></BODY><PRE>