Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: 67 GT-350 fuel pump

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by ecj, Mar 20, 2005.

1. ecj

ecj Guest

<HEAD>
    <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <DIV>What a great auction to watch!</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>The auction winner,&nbsp;&nbsp;"ptkcronin" (398 total + feedbacks) bid over $614.07 with 12 seconds to go till the end of the auction.</DIV>
    <DIV>Runner-up, "hit350" (344 total + feedbacks) bid $604.07 with 34 seconds to go.</DIV>
    <DIV>3RD. place was "67gt350" (512 total + feedbacks) bid $501.99 also with 34 seconds to go.</DIV>
    <DIV>In 4TH. place was "ggt500" (693 total + feedbacks) bid $375 with over 35 minutes to go.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>That's 4 separate E-Bay bidders with a collective 1947 total positive feedbacks between them.&nbsp;None of these people are E-Bay rookies when you consider their feed back ratings. Are any of these people on our list here? </DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>I love to know what makes one pay $375, $500, or $600&nbsp;for a mechanical fuel pump, NOS or not? Don't tell me how rare it is. Just explain to me why you had to have it "now" and couldn't take your time hunting for the correct one a lot&nbsp;cheaper. Does it pay to keep a spare? Maybe this fuel pump should be framed along next to a copy of the auction listing. Is it just me or am I missing something here?</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>I wonder how old this specific fuel pump&nbsp;is, if it will work and how long it will last? All the list members have said how crazy the Shelby car prices have been on E-Bay. This is just plain nuts for part prices and this is just one example! I'm sure people can cite other examples. Now next time you are in the market to purchase&nbsp;a 1967 Shelby GT350 or 1967 Mustang GT "K" code car make sure you check to see if it has this correct fuel pump. If it doesn't make sure you get the seller to knock $600 off the selling price!!!</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Jim Seisser&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR>-----Original Message----- <BR>From: STAN SIMM <SSIMM@TRIAD.RR.COM><BR>Sent: Mar 20, 2005 5:00 PM <BR>To: DMGT350@aol.com, lwbarnett2@msn.com, ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com <BR>Subject: Re: 67 GT-350 fuel pump <BR><BR></DIV><ZZZHTML><ZZZHEAD><ZZZMETA content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"><ZZZMETA name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1491">
    <STYLE></STYLE>
    </ZZZHEAD><ZZZBODY bgColor="#ffffff">
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Even a used one sold on eBay for about $450 a few months ago.&nbsp; Anyone who would mount a NOS one on anything but a top-notch thoroughbred show car would have to be out of his or her mind!</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Regards, Stan</FONT></DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=DMGT350@aol.com href="mailto:DMGT350@aol.com">DMGT350@aol.com</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=lwbarnett2@msn.com href="mailto:lwbarnett2@msn.com">lwbarnett2@msn.com</A> ; <A title=ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com href="mailto:ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com">ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, March 20, 2005 3:10 PM</DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: 67 GT-350 fuel pump</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT size=2 PTSIZE="10">A NOS Carter 4201 just sold for $614 on ebay: <BR><BR><A href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;rd=1&amp;item=7959657403">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;rd=1&amp;item=7959657403</A> <BR><BR>Carter currently makes a replacement pump but if you want a true HiPo pump with the double springs and original "poppet" style top you'll have to go NOS or find a good used original. &nbsp; <BR><BR>Dave <BR><BR>In a message dated 3/20/2005 11:10:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, <A href="mailto:lwbarnett2@msn.com">lwbarnett2@msn.com</A> writes: <BR><BR>
    <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" TYPE="CITE">Where can I buy this fuel pump and what are they going for? <BR><BR>
    <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" TYPE="CITE">----- Original Message ----- <BR><B>From:</B> <A href="mailto:bgaines@kc.rr.com">Robert Gaines</A> <BR><B>To:</B> <A href="mailto:lwbarnett2@msn.com">Larry W Barnett</A> <BR><B>Cc:</B> <A href="mailto:ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com">ShelbyMustang</A> <BR><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, March 20, 2005 1:00 PM <BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: 67 GT-350 fuel pump <BR><BR><BR>Larry It is the same as the later 66 hipo style with the lower half made of sheet metal and crimped on with the button top . This same style pump was used all the way to the 70 Shelby. Bob G. <BR>On Sunday, March 20, 2005, at 07:20 AM, Larry W Barnett wrote: <BR><BR>
    <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" TYPE="CITE">The posts on the GT-500 fuel pump inspired this question- what is the correct fuel pump for a 67 GT-350? <BR>Thanks, <BR>Larry B &nbsp; <BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></ZZZBODY></ZZZHTML></BODY><PRE>