Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Autolite battery

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by GT350HZ@aol.com, Jul 13, 2005.

1. They have a sealed version of the group 24 Battery. I do not know if they
    have the group 27 type in sealed yet. If I remember correctly, Virginia
    Mustang had the best price on the batterys.
    Lee 66 # 869

2. OLAF HERRICK

OLAF HERRICK Guest

I called NPD,VA classic and Antique Batteries today nobody has the drycell Autolite batteries in 24 or 27 group. As stated before New Castle(drycell manufacturer) is now defunct and the purchasing company doesn't know if they will produce anymore. 2 vendors listed above said they couldn't get the batteries but Antique Batteries said for a whopping $230 plus shipping that they would order the battery.Hope this helps.Olaf
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: ronald.robertson@sympatico.ca ; shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:19 PM
    Subject: Re: Autolite battery

They have a sealed version of the group 24 Battery. I do not know if they have the group 27 type in sealed yet. If I remember correctly, Virginia Mustang had the best price on the batterys.
    Lee 66 # 869

3. Olaf:
    I have done the same and called everyone with no success. Jegs had one only 27 group battery left, at least they did yesterday. But even if one could find a New Castle 24 group battery, what about warranty if it has a problem? At $159.00 U.S., the sealed New Castle battery from NPD was a good buy. At $230.00 U.S. from Antique Auto Battery - sorry, but that's just too steep for my pockets when you can buy a plain jane black battery with an Autolite cover for about $100.00 or so.
    Just for information, that $230.00 Antique Auto Battery laid down in Canada, would cost me $371.00 - a little pricey.
    And while some have had success with the old dry charge Autolite, I have heard many horror stories as well.
    So, plain jane hear I come.
    Ron

To: shelby list
    Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:49 AM

I called NPD,VA classic and Antique Batteries today nobody has the drycell Autolite batteries in 24 or 27 group. As stated before New Castle(drycell manufacturer) is now defunct and the purchasing company doesn't know if they will produce anymore. 2 vendors listed above said they couldn't get the batteries but Antique Batteries said for a whopping $230 plus shipping that they would order the battery.Hope this helps.Olaf
    To: ronald.robertson@sympatico.ca ; shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:19 PM

They have a sealed version of the group 24 Battery. I do not know if they have the group 27 type in sealed yet. If I remember correctly, Virginia Mustang had the best price on the batterys.
    Lee 66 # 869