Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Batteries

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by RSANTER@aol.com, Oct 7, 2005.

1. if you like the look of the battery you have, would it be possable to empty
    or gut out the battery and then use it as a shell to hold one of those
    compact,sealed, high powered racing batteries?
    just a thought
    in fact I always wondered why nobody has made just a repo battery shell to do
    that.

one other thing I have always wondered. if you were to drain the battery and
    refill it with fresh electrolite, would the battery work good again? and for
    how long?

bob

2. Bob:
    In an earlier post, a lister bought a battery for his Thunderbird from Antique Auto Battery. He either stated, or hinted strongly, that AAB had taken an empty shell and put an Optima battery inside.
    I would imagine cutting one open, removing all the acid and innards and replacing it with an Optima or similar would be easier the second or third time one had done it.
    Ron
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: ronald.robertson@sympatico.ca ; shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 9:29 AM
    Subject: Re: Batteries

if you like the look of the battery you have, would it be possable to empty or gut out the battery and then use it as a shell to hold one of those compact,sealed, high powered racing batteries?
    just a thought
    in fact I always wondered why nobody has made just a repo battery shell to do that.

one other thing I have always wondered. if you were to drain the battery and refill it with fresh electrolite, would the battery work good again? and for how long?

bob