Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Buyer's Premiums on eBay?

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by ecj, Oct 17, 2005.

1. ecj

ecj Guest

<HEAD>
    <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2180" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <DIV>I can't say I've ever seen this in an E-Bay auction before. I've seen the dealer fee thing before, but the only&nbsp;other things I have seen on E-Bay are new car dealers selling a vehicle over list price and that they don't have the vehicle on-hand yet&nbsp;or a buyer with a deposit on&nbsp;a new car letting you take his place for the vehicle.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Jim Seisser&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR>-----Original Message----- <BR>From: MHeroy@aol.com <BR>Sent: Oct 17, 2005 10:00 AM <BR>To: shelbymustang@carmemories.com, rr.b@rroc.org <BR>Cc: ChrisHeroy@aol.com, DHeroy@bellboyd.com <BR>Subject: Buyer's Premiums on eBay? <BR><BR></DIV><ZZZHTML><ZZZHEAD><ZZZMETA content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII" http-equiv="Content-Type" charset="US-ASCII"><ZZZMETA name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2722"></ZZZHEAD><ZZZBODY style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
    <DIV>Gang(s),</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>A rare post to both of the marque lists I monitor.&nbsp; Christine just sent me an eBay listing (for furniture, but read on...) for a fairly expensive item that contained a provision for a 22.5% buyer's premium in the terms of sale.&nbsp; Since I had not seen this before, other than the occasional "documentation fee" from car dealers that sell on eBay, I wondered if anyone else had seen anything like this before in an online auction.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>I know that we put up with buyer premiums in collector car auctions ranging from 8-15%, and they have become the rule in the machinery auctions that I sometimes attend in the course of our business.&nbsp; However, this seller has obviously confused their place in the auction continuum with Christie's or one of the other high-end houses.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>It goes without saying that any purchaser should read and understand the terms and conditions of sale for items that he buys, and this one was not particularly sneaky.&nbsp; I just didn't expect to see that particular term on an eBay listing.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Cheers,</DIV>
    <DIV>Mike Heroy</DIV></ZZZBODY></ZZZHTML></BODY><PRE>