Join Shelby Forums Today

RE: color change

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Bill Wells, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Bill Wells

Bill Wells Guest

lucky seller and uninformed unknowledgeable buyer. bill, motown
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:13 AM
    To: GT350HZ@aol.com; shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Subject: Re: color change

I know that it was an anomaly, but it's funny that the record setting
    price that a 67 GT-500 sold for ($260,000+) had neither the original engine,
    or color??

Kenny

2. Camilla

Camilla Guest

Hard to say as a 68 GT 350 non original just sold for $120,000 here in New Zealand and a 69 GT 500 grabber yellow restored with wrong colour has just been offer $290,000 New Zealand dollars. Maybe at today's prices, it exceeds others preception but those with lots of money who want the cars will pay to get them. Remember the 1970 Hemi Cuda unrestored original or the 427 Cobra? How much ahve they gone for to the likes of Jay Leno and others! If you have the car they want, they wil buy it!. I had a 64 GTO convertible restored back in 1981. I use to drive it around Hollywood. A Beverly Hills doctors followed me around for months wantiing the car. I sold it in those days for $8,000 plus a brand new Harley he had. Back then every one said he paid way too much for the car. Now how much is it? 70K? Value and speculation is an interesting thing. Fear and greed is also a very interesting thing. You can always go buy some Cisco at 35 times earnings!

Just a thought!

Regards

Randall
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Shelby6t7@aol.com ; GT350HZ@aol.com ; shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:33 AM
    Subject: RE: color change

lucky seller and uninformed unknowledgeable buyer. bill, motown
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:13 AM
    To: GT350HZ@aol.com; shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Subject: Re: color change

I know that it was an anomaly, but it's funny that the record setting price that a 67 GT-500 sold for ($260,000+) had neither the original engine, or color??

Kenny