Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Drivers fulfill their need for speed

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by DLen1261@aol.com, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Sounds like an enjoyable way to spend a day...but from what I could find with
    google, it's only open to current SRT owners, darn it.

OTOH, it can serve as a reminder to all performance vehicle owners that there
    are MANY local organizations that provide similar experiences, NOT limited to
    ownership of a specific brand or marque, for a lower cost.

[we interrupt this program to bring you the following *commercial* message]

Speaking of which--for all of those of you "in range"--there's still time to
    sign up for SAAC NW's HPDE at PIR (Portland, OR) on Monday, July 11. All the
    details, including an application form, are available on our website--- SAAC
    NW Home Page ....

[we now return you to regular programming, in process]

Dave

2. STAN SIMM

STAN SIMM Guest

All-First of all, those Viper owners really need instruction. Vipers really have very little "manners", gobs of torque and, in unskilled hands are extremely dangerous. BTW, I know Terry Earwood is an extremely talented race car driver and instructor but a squeeling tire is not necessarily a happy tire. It might well be an under-inflated tire driven at or beyond the limit by someone in over their head.
    Next, I'd like to give a "plug" to all the Club driver schools held around the country. If you'd like to see what's available on the East coast, take a look at www.trackschedule.com. As Dave alludes, you don't have to own a car of the particular marque of the club hosting the event. For instance, the Carolinas Region MCA just held its DE event at CMP in SC last week-end and, along w/Mustangs, there were BMW's, Corvettes, Porsches, various rice-burners, A 360 Ferrari, Maserati Quatrovalve. One of my students brought a Crown Vic Police Interceptor w/ Vortech, big Brembo brakes, etc....a very fast 4 dr. ride.
    We'll be at VIR over the 4th instructing for BMW CCA and there will be quite a variety of makes there. The whole point being: Don't lament thet there's nowhere to exercise your favorite ride and satisfy your need for speed. Most of these schools are well-run, safe and inexpensive.
    Regards, Stan
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: dan_drury@midamcorp.com ; shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:00 PM
    Subject: Re: Drivers fulfill their need for speed

Sounds like an enjoyable way to spend a day...but from what I could find with google, it's only open to current SRT owners, darn it.

OTOH, it can serve as a reminder to all performance vehicle owners that there are MANY local organizations that provide similar experiences, NOT limited to ownership of a specific brand or marque, for a lower cost.

[we interrupt this program to bring you the following *commercial* message]

Speaking of which--for all of those of you "in range"--there's still time to sign up for SAAC NW's HPDE at PIR (Portland, OR) on Monday, July 11. All the details, including an application form, are available on our website--- SAAC NW Home Page ....

[we now return you to regular programming, in process]

Dave