Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Elenor Convert #1

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by RSANTER@aol.com, May 12, 2005.

1. At lease the new cobras I can understand. In some ways they are better cars
    (taking advantage of newer technology) while keeping the spirit of the
    original. the difference in price is the history.

the elenwhores are some of the ugliest things I have seen. they are a badly
    done restomod at best. while I would admit that they have the advantage of the
    modern technology they have completly stepped all over some of the best
    classic lines the world has ever known.

bob

2. Camilla

Camilla Guest

Sad point of view. Not everyone wants an original resto, TQ or otherwise. Actually if I had the money to burn, I might want one as well for the drive. As much as I like driving the original It would be nice to have something I could have a good workout with. What is wrong with the styling and the engineering? I think they look fairly slick. To each their own. I hope the guys that are buying them and can afford them, really enjoy them and at the end of the day they are a a large compliment to all mustang owners.

JMHO

Randall

----- Original Message -----
    To: colin@colinsclassicauto.com ; mrgt350@yahoo.com ; GT350HZ@aol.com ; campaul1@xtra.co.nz ; sbeckerone@charter.net ; MikeLDrew@aol.com ; ronald.robertson@sympatico.ca ; shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 4:00 PM
    Subject: Re: Elenor Convert #1

At lease the new cobras I can understand. In some ways they are better cars (taking advantage of newer technology) while keeping the spirit of the original. the difference in price is the history.

the elenwhores are some of the ugliest things I have seen. they are a badly done restomod at best. while I would admit that they have the advantage of the modern technology they have completly stepped all over some of the best classic lines the world has ever known.

bob

3. OLAF HERRICK

OLAF HERRICK Guest

I thought I would share a few things I ran across while building my "clone of a clone". First please note that I love the original cars and I do have a couple real Shelby's as well.
    I saw the movie and although I thought the acting and plot was average I did think the car was really cool. I thought I would replicate the movie car so I spent time researching the movie car and searched for a nice low mileage donor fastback . I wont do the math for you but you guys know what a real nice fastback cost .I did a rotisserie restoration on my new car but I'm just very picky about my cars so there was considerable expense in a complete restoration (thank goodness I didn't get a rusty car). The worst was taking their fiberglass kit and reworking every part so that the fit and finish would be much better.
    I built a 66 427 sideoiler , a toploader , a factory posi rear (31 spline) and I converted the car from an auto small block car with drum brakes to a Big block , 4 speed , disk brake car . In any case I built the car like Ford might have (although my paint work is much better). So the point of my story Is: I thought I could build one for 30K in parts (yeah right) and I learned that all those new and rebuilt parts were pretty pricey. Not to mention the Total Control parts and the Fiberglass kit. So I don't think these cars are worth $150K or even 100K but mine is worth alot to me because it was built correctly. I guess the people that buy those turn key cars like the fact that they are basically buying new cars that have that old car look. Just another perspective but I do enjoy you guys bashing the new owners of those Eleanor's. Now back to work on my Boss 302 so I will be able to drive it at Carlisle. Olaf

To: RSANTER@aol.com ; colin@colinsclassicauto.com ; mrgt350@yahoo.com ; GT350HZ@aol.com ; sbeckerone@charter.net ; MikeLDrew@aol.com ; ronald.robertson@sympatico.ca ;
    Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 2:21 AM

Sad point of view. Not everyone wants an original resto, TQ or otherwise. Actually if I had the money to burn, I might want one as well for the drive. As much as I like driving the original It would be nice to have something I could have a good workout with. What is wrong with the styling and the engineering? I think they look fairly slick. To each their own. I hope the guys that are buying them and can afford them, really enjoy them and at the end of the day they are a a large compliment to all mustang owners.

JMHO

Randall

To: colin@colinsclassicauto.com ; mrgt350@yahoo.com ; GT350HZ@aol.com ; campaul1@xtra.co.nz ; sbeckerone@charter.net ; MikeLDrew@aol.com ; ronald.robertson@sympatico.ca ; shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 4:00 PM

At lease the new cobras I can understand. In some ways they are better cars (taking advantage of newer technology) while keeping the spirit of the original. the difference in price is the history.

the elenwhores are some of the ugliest things I have seen. they are a badly done restomod at best. while I would admit that they have the advantage of the modern technology they have completly stepped all over some of the best classic lines the world has ever known.

bob