Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Elenor Convert #1

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by ecj, May 13, 2005.

1. ecj

ecj Guest

<HEAD>
    <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <DIV>Maybe we should decide on what to call these cars. </DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Ellenwhores?</DIV>
    <DIV>Clone Clones?</DIV>
    <DIV>Clone&nbsp;Squared?</DIV>
    <DIV>Kit Clones?</DIV>
    <DIV>Clone-e-nores?</DIV>
    <DIV>Clone Clowns?</DIV>
    <DIV>CloneyNores?</DIV>
    <DIV>Kit Cloney-nores?</DIV>
    <DIV>Sander-Slugs?</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Gone in 60 Seconds? How about Gone in $150,000?</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>What do you call the people that bought these cars?</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Jim Seisser<BR><BR><BR>-----Original Message----- <BR>From: DLen1261@a=
    ol.com <BR>Sent: May 13, 2005 1:21 PM <BR>To: shelbymustang@carmemories.com=
    <BR>Subject: Re: Elenor Convert #1 <BR><BR><ZZZHTML><FONT face=3Darial,hel=
    vetica><ZZZHTML><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" P=
    TSIZE=3D"10">IMHO, the difference is mostly in the "exclusivity"--Eleanwhor=
    es (owww, that's mean...but deadly accurate for a clone-of-a-clone that off=
    ers an imitation experience for a price, eh?) are, for now, way LESS common=
    , and MORE *celebrity*-associated than any of the *new cobras*.&nbsp; And (=
    most of) the folks that're paying $150K+ for an "Ellie" are wealthy enough =
    that it's "pocket change" for 'em; just another piece of "look what I got t=
    hat you don't" clubbing trash, not really any different than an Escalade wi=
    th with a couple times it's sticker price in "bling" tacked on.&nbsp; While=
    I doubt that most of 'em appreciate the historical context of EITHER vehic=
    le, I'll give 'em that it's more comfortable to cruise in a closed/top-up, =
    a/c'd, stereo'd, *accessorized* "Ellie" than in a CSX repop (from Shelby or=
    any of the other sources).&nbsp; Which'll probably mean that the typical 2=
    - to 3-year old "Ellie" for sale will have more miles on it than the equiva=
    lent CSX/kit seems to (just take a look at Cobra Country's classified secti=
    on).&nbsp; In all fairness, the "typical" CSX/kit reminds me of the sailboa=
    t I bought 25 yrs ago--used "every weekend" the first summer; "every holida=
    y wkend" the second summer, "for sale" the third summer....<BR><BR>OTOH, I =
    expect there'll be some really nice *celebrity-owned* clone-clones availabl=
    e for us to buy *cheap* &amp; enjoy driving the snot out of, in just a few =
    years, eh?&nbsp; OTOH, I feel out of synch with that trend, because the *re=
    pop* I really want is a Kirkham FIA "street version" with the transverse le=
    af spring suspension option....<BR><BR>Dave<BR>----------------------------=
    ------------------------------<BR><BR>Colin writes--<BR><BR>"I don't unders=
    tand it myself , for example, the "continuation" or whatever they are calli=
    ng the new CSX Cobras are less than half of an original CSX 2xxx or CSX 3xx=
    x car.&nbsp;But the Elanwhores, ooops, sorry, Elanores are just as expensiv=
    e or more so than an original version of the car they somewhat look like?"<=
    BR><BR></DIV></FONT></ZZZHTML></FONT></BODY><PRE>