Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: new Shelbys

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by ecj, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ecj

ecj Guest

<HEAD>
    <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2180" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <DIV>The new GT500&nbsp;has been&nbsp;engineered by the Ford SVT group. It wasn't developed by Carroll Shelby nor his company, but they are using his name to promote it. Is that not marketing? </DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>What about a Saline, Steeda&nbsp;or a Roush Mustang?&nbsp;&nbsp;Just another Mustang? Well I guess it depends how you look at it. As long as the people who buy them are happy what does it matter? </DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Of course Dodge built all those Shelby cars from the factory too, but I don't hear much about their collector value. Nor do we really discuss them here at all, but they are Shelbys are they not?</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Lee, you have a 1966 and a 1969 Shelby. They are completly differently vehicles. What makes them so valuable? Aren't they&nbsp;just another Mustang?</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Everything is relative. It just depends on one's point of reference.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Jim Seisser&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR>-----Original Message----- <BR>From: GT350HZ@aol.com <BR>Sent: Nov 1, 2005 11:08 PM <BR>To: lmathias@bellsouth.net, ShelbyMustang@CarMemories.com <BR>Subject: Re: new Shelbys <BR><BR></DIV><ZZZHTML><ZZZHEAD><ZZZMETA content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII" http-equiv="Content-Type"><ZZZMETA content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2769" name="GENERATOR"></ZZZHEAD><ZZZBODY id=role_body style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" rightMargin="7" topMargin="7" leftMargin="7" bottomMargin="7"><FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>
    <DIV>If it isn't done through Ford, I think it is just marketing.&nbsp; A rose by any other name is a rose.&nbsp; A Mustang endorsed by Shelby or anyone else is still a Mustang.&nbsp; Only if the cars are produced from the factory would I consider the cars special.&nbsp; There are a lot of cool modified 2005/06 Mustangs and kits out there.&nbsp; To me they are still only mustangs.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Lee</DIV>
    <DIV>66 # 869</DIV>
    <DIV>69 #2055</DIV></FONT></ZZZBODY></ZZZHTML></BODY><PRE>

2. STAN SIMM

STAN SIMM Guest

All-
    I think we have to quote chapter and verse from the Preacher hissef, Brother Shelby, when asked if he thought that the GT-350 was a good name for the car. He said something along the order of "It's as good as any. If it's a good car, the name won't matter and, if it's a bad car, the name won't save it."
    It's fact: Good cars survive, bad ones don't. The name and who developed them doesn't make any difference.
    Regards, Stan
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: ShelbyMustang@CarMemories.com
    Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 9:00 AM
    Subject: Re: new Shelbys

The new GT500 has been engineered by the Ford SVT group. It wasn't developed by Carroll Shelby nor his company, but they are using his name to promote it. Is that not marketing?

What about a Saline, Steeda or a Roush Mustang? Just another Mustang? Well I guess it depends how you look at it. As long as the people who buy them are happy what does it matter?

Of course Dodge built all those Shelby cars from the factory too, but I don't hear much about their collector value. Nor do we really discuss them here at all, but they are Shelbys are they not?

Lee, you have a 1966 and a 1969 Shelby. They are completly differently vehicles. What makes them so valuable? Aren't they just another Mustang?

Everything is relative. It just depends on one's point of reference.

Jim Seisser

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Nov 1, 2005 11:08 PM
    To: lmathias@bellsouth.net, ShelbyMustang@CarMemories.com
    Subject: Re: new Shelbys

If it isn't done through Ford, I think it is just marketing. A rose by any other name is a rose. A Mustang endorsed by Shelby or anyone else is still a Mustang. Only if the cars are produced from the factory would I consider the cars special. There are a lot of cool modified 2005/06 Mustangs and kits out there. To me they are still only mustangs.

Lee
    66 # 869
    69 #2055