Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: new Shelbys

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by RSANTER@aol.com, Nov 4, 2005.

1. the only 'real' shelby mustangs we made in the 60s
    the series 1 car would pass as a shelby with me as well but it is not a
    mustang
    the only 'real' cobras were made in the 60s
    the new cobras that were made under shelbys roof are very close to real but
    do lean a bit to the side of bieng a kit ( due to the rules that he has to
    follow with the you buy the car, they install the engine)
    the new mustang shelby cars will be cool and very nice cars, but they are not
    real shelbys.
    in my opinion that are a special edition mustang ( like the dodge cars) as
    they are made by ford and not 'modified' outside of the factory like done in the
    60s and like done by saleen now.
    dont get me wrong, they are cool and they will be worth more than the mustang
    but the 60s is in the history books and the rules have changed a bit.
    dont want to offend anyone, just offering my nickles worth of opinion

bob

2. Camilla

Camilla Guest

I think Bob you have to look at the compliment of it all and look at the spirit and heritage that this has inspired. Real or not, they are what they are and they will be recognized as being above the rest interms of styling etc. I welcome it as it is a re-enforcement of the car community as a whole. Looked at a sweat little 1966 G.T 350 for around the $200,000 NZD mark, very nice!

Regards

Randall

----- Original Message -----
    To: GT350HZ@aol.com ; ShelbyMustang@CarMemories.com
    Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:06 PM
    Subject: Re: new Shelbys

the only 'real' shelby mustangs we made in the 60s
    the series 1 car would pass as a shelby with me as well but it is not a mustang
    the only 'real' cobras were made in the 60s
    the new cobras that were made under shelbys roof are very close to real but do lean a bit to the side of bieng a kit ( due to the rules that he has to follow with the you buy the car, they install the engine)
    the new mustang shelby cars will be cool and very nice cars, but they are not real shelbys.
    in my opinion that are a special edition mustang ( like the dodge cars) as they are made by ford and not 'modified' outside of the factory like done in the 60s and like done by saleen now.
    dont get me wrong, they are cool and they will be worth more than the mustang but the 60s is in the history books and the rules have changed a bit.
    dont want to offend anyone, just offering my nickles worth of opinion

bob