Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Parts prices

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by speegle@pipeline.com, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Just as an observation, I'm kind of surprise to see that more of us do not trade parts rather than sell. Especially within the "circles" This was a very common practice in other makes and years of cars during the 80's and 90's. Seemed the guys involved figured they could always works a little more for $$$'s but couldn't always replace a part they had, so they would reather have another rare part of the shelf rather than a couple of more bucks in the wallet

Jeff S

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Mar 22, 2005 9:23 AM
    To: ORLMUST@aol.com, rogerhol@willapabay.org, ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com
    Subject: Re: Parts prices

It really depends on whether you are the buyer or the seller. If you are the buyer, you want the parts but don't want to get raked over the coals to get them. If you are the seller, you know that when the part is gone, chances are there won't be any more to replace it so you need to get what you feel it is worth to part with it. Kinda works the same with buying or selling the whole car. A seller may think that if they sell their car they may not ever get another one so it will have to bring what he or she wants for the car. These cars are only as valuable as the parts that are in it, correct or incorrect. That's why correct cars will always bring more money and correct parts will always be highly sought after and expensive. I do agree that more people should try to refurbish existing original parts whenever possible and not strip a car bare just to replace everything with NOS parts.
    Thank you,
    Mike McCullough
    405-760-6732 cell
    405-330-4535 office
    www.worldwidemusclecars.com

2. Speaking of trading........this is probably a dumb request but what the
    heck, doesn't hurt to ask. Getting back to the GT350 fuel pump thing, I
    have a NOS Carter 4201 HiPo pump with a 1/22/69 date code. Anyone out
    there have the same with a 66 date code that wants to trade?

Thanks,
    Dave

speegle@pipeline.com wrote:

>Just as an observation, I'm kind of surprise to see that more of us do not trade parts rather than sell. Especially within the "circles" This was a very common practice in other makes and years of cars during the 80's and 90's. Seemed the guys involved figured they could always works a little more for $$$'s but couldn't always replace a part they had, so they would reather have another rare part of the shelf rather than a couple of more bucks in the wallet
    >
    >Jeff S
    >
    >-----Original Message-----
    >From: Mike McCullough <mike@worldwidemusclecars.com>
    >Sent: Mar 22, 2005 9:23 AM
    >To: ORLMUST@aol.com, rogerhol@willapabay.org, ShelbyMustang@carmemories.com
    >Subject: Re: Parts prices
    >
    >It really depends on whether you are the buyer or the seller. If you are the buyer, you want the parts but don't want to get raked over the coals to get them. If you are the seller, you know that when the part is gone, chances are there won't be any more to replace it so you need to get what you feel it is worth to part with it. Kinda works the same with buying or selling the whole car. A seller may think that if they sell their car they may not ever get another one so it will have to bring what he or she wants for the car. These cars are only as valuable as the parts that are in it, correct or incorrect. That's why correct cars will always bring more money and correct parts will always be highly sought after and expensive. I do agree that more people should try to refurbish existing original parts whenever possible and not strip a car bare just to replace everything with NOS parts.
    >Thank you,
    >Mike McCullough
    >405-760-6732 cell
    >405-330-4535 office
    >www.worldwidemusclecars.com
    >
    >