Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Re: Sniper software

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Guest, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

So you know about snipe hunting? That's something I have heard referred to here in North Georgia. My wife won't let me participate. I'm from Virginia Beach and we used to go watch the submarine races on Back Bay. That was before I was married, of course.
    >
    > From: "Colin Comer" <colin (AT) colinsclassicauto (DOT) com>
    > Date: 2006/01/07 Sat AM 10:22:46 EST
    > To: <shelbymustang (AT) carmemories (DOT) com>
    > Subject: Re: Sniper software
    >
    > I like the sniping service I use, it helps me decide, days before the forecast calls for red mist, what I want to pay. If I enter a max bid with a snipe bid, that's it, I don't even go back and look again. If I win, great, if not, that's fine also. It removes a degree of emotion from the bidding.
    >
    > The problem with entering an eBay proxy bid is that other bidders or even the seller at times will bid under you until they reach your high bid. Also, I think more bidding activity draws more bids from others - the "Oh No, I'm going to loose it, look at all these bidders!" deal. It may also make sellers decide that they are going to want more because they see all the bids.
    >
    > Just my opinion. I bid both with and without the sniper, depends on the item and how bad I need/want it. Although I don't know if "need" is applicable to the crap I buy on eBay. LOL
    >
    > Please don't confuse a snipe bid with the oft hunted and never seen snipe animal. I gave up trying to bag one of them.
    >
    > Colin
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From: MHeroy (AT) aol (DOT) com
    > To: shelbymustang (AT) carmemories (DOT) com
    > Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 7:30 AM
    > Subject: Sniper software
    >
    >
    > Guys,
    >
    > Maybe I'm missing the point here, but, if you're going to be offline anyway, what's the difference between leaving the maximum you are willing to pay as your eBay max bid in the first place and doing the same with sniper software?
    >
    > I'll admit to doing a fair amount of last-second bidding on my own when I'm not really sure what I want to pay for an item, which is essentially giving in to the "red mist" that descends on many an auction bidder and is usually not a good idea. Still, it happens.
    >
    > Sniper software has its place, but it seems to me that that would be when you are on the spot, don't completely trusty your connection, and simply want to be that last man standing.
    >
    > People always say,"Decide what will be the maximum you're going to pay and stick to it." If we did that, we wouldn't be writing about sniping, but we're all human.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Mike Heroy
    > CSX4045
    > 67 GT500 #841
    > 68 GT500 #389
    >