Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Re: survivor car

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Guest, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

>Hey guys, forget the Vettes. Cobras and Shelbys were built to eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Back when I was autocrossing, the Corvette Club closed it's events to all cars except Corvettes because we had 6 or 7 Shelbys that cleaned their clocks on a regular basis. The results were great, if it placed higher than the fastest Vette, it was listed as "other" under make. Let the Blooming whatever gold do their thing, rub their gold chains and admire their ponderous plastic packaderms. The only thing Vettes are good for are chasing women and that is changing. Wanna race, buy a real BP, AP or GT1 Ford. Want a survivor? Don't restore your car, repair what needs fixin' and go to drivin'.........bingo, survivor car. If you want to argue % repaint, can I fix this, detail that, go to unrestored concours class at the car show. A survivor car is one that is basically like it came new, period correct and maintained. Now I don't want any more plastic s--- mentioned on the hallowed pages. Lee Mathias

A> From: "Mike McCullough" <mike@worldwidemusclecars.com>
    > Date: 2005/04/07 Thu PM 01:05:27 EDT
    > To: "Stephen G. Becker" <sbeckerone@charter.net>,
    > "Colin Comer" <colin@colinsclassicauto.com>,
    > "Gary Heyd" <wdiamond5@earthlink.net>,
    > "shelby mustang" <Shelbymustang@carmemories.com>,
    > "Mike Greene" <mgreene@hiwaay.net>
    > Subject: Re: survivor car
    >
    > I watched SURVIVOR last night......
    >
    > There was only one SURVIVOR from the plane crash....
    >
    > Who sang the theme song to Rocky....SURVIVOR......
    >
    > Who will be the last living SURVIVOR from World War II?........
    >
    > It seems as though you shouldn't be able to copyright words of the english language. By reading there letter regarding the use of the word, it seems we only need to be worried about using it if we are referring to Corvettes. They only judge Corvettes so how can they have sole propriety of a word used to describe any car? Anyone feel like spending a bunch of maney to fight for principle?
    > Thank you,
    > Mike McCullough
    > 405-760-6732 cell
    > 405-330-4535 office
    > www.worldwidemusclecars.com
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From: Stephen G. Becker
    > To: Colin Comer ; Gary Heyd ; shelby mustang ; Mike Greene
    > Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 10:41 AM
    >
    >
    > That is why I own Shelby's and would never own a Corvette.......................
    >
    > SGB
    >
    >
    > From: Mike Greene
    > To: Stephen G. Becker ; Colin Comer ; Gary Heyd ; shelby mustang
    > Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:49 AM
    >
    >
    > http://www.bloomingtongold.com/?link=survivor2
    >
    >
    > They're a little arrogant, don't you think?
    >
    >
    > At 09:45 AM 4/8/05, Stephen G. Becker wrote:
    >
    >
    > My understanding of a "survivor" car is that the car is still here after 35 or so years...........................
    >
    > ha ha
    >
    > ps -
    >
    > Is the word "survivor car" really trademarked by the Bloomington Gold people?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > From: Colin Comer
    >
    > To: Gary Heyd ; shelby mustang
    >
    > Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:42 AM
    >
    >
    >
    > Good question, I was wondering the same when I saw the car. Nice piece, but, IMHO, a sur#*!or (worried about The Corvette Guys coming to get me - LOL) should be original paint and very little detailing or replacement parts? Stephen's car looked to have some detailing under the hood and perhaps some replacement items?
    >
    >
    >
    > No disrespect intended, just wondering myself what the Shelby guys consider a "surviving example" (note: surviving example is not a trademark infringement). I know that the Corvette guys and Mopar guys only allow a certain percentage of the paint to have been done. The GTOAA is very particular, you will not get a preservation award if the car has less than 80% original paint I seem to recall.
    >
    >
    >
    > Looking forward to the official word from our leaders. BG?
    >
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Colin
    >
    >
    > From: Gary Heyd
    >
    > To: shelby mustang
    >
    > Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:26 AM
    >
    > Subject: survivor car
    >
    >
    > I was looking at this car and see it described as a "survivor". I guess all 35 year old cars are in some ways, but what are the parameters for a car to be considered a "survivor" for judging? I would imagine a full repaint would not be allowed but what percentage of repaint is allowed? What else can or cannot be done to the car?
    >
    > Gary
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4540265882&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No virus found in this incoming message.
    > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
    > Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.3 - Release Date: 4/5/05
    > Mike Greene
    > TENA Website Curator
    > Trideum Corporation
    > 256.704.6113
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No virus found in this outgoing message.
    > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
    > Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.3 - Release Date: 4/5/05
    >
    >