Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Re: Vintage Racing

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by jonlee@wt.net, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Lee:

Me and my friend were looking at 66 Fairlane 500 Convertible for fun. They are decently priced and with good paint color, rims and motor.... car can be a babe mobile.
    I always keep my options open. There is a 69 Mach 1 Project (complete) up here for dirt cheap bucks. We are going to check it out too for resto mod. Should be fun like these cars are supposed to be.

jon

lmathias@bellsouth.net:

- You want to make a sleeper out of a GT 500? Since the Elenor craze these cars have a reputation. Go find a Fairmont Futura and stuff a Boss 351 in it. Will it fit? In the late 70's Bruce and I
    - were at a Shelby meet in Dearborn and some Ford engineers had one with a Boss 302, all the power everything and the AC worked. They used a new 4 cyl, automatic car. Except for the sound,and big
    - tires, you would swear it was stock. Want to restomod? The Fairmont is a Fox body. Build an 8 second, supercharged, nitros Mustang in disguise. Want less style, more sleeping. Dugan Racing
    - many years ago put Mustang front sheet metal on a Fairmont Wagon. It really looked cool. Leave your car stock and strike the fear of the blue oval into them. Do up a Fairmont or Maverick and
    - sneak up on them like a sleeper should. LEE MATHIAS
    -
    -
    -