Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Shelby bulk order

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Shelby6t7@aol.com, Mar 24, 2005.

1. What the members of this list who are serious about buying the new Ford, er,
    "Shelby", seem to be forgetting is that due to the limited production
    numbers slated for this car, no dealer is going to sell it below, or even at
    sticker. They are going to gouge the pricing to get the most money from the buyer.
    Especially dealers that have a very small allocation. I have already heard
    stories of dealers gouging 2005 GT's 3 thousand over sticker, so what do you
    think is going to happen to this over hyped Mustang?

Kenny

2. STAN SIMM

STAN SIMM Guest

Kenny and All-What you say is certainly true. It's happened with the Mustang GT's and, of course, big time with the Ford GT's. What I think we bring to the table for dealers is the fact that:
    1) Major local publicity/photo op of a Shelby owner with their original Shelby taking delivery of the latest Shelby Mustang offering. There are many metropolitan areas that have multiple Ford dealerships. Here is an opportunity for one dealer to gain additional attention over the rest. All they have to to is give up a "market adjustment" for one car, a good ROI, if you ask me.
    2) Because we're fairly spread out across the country, we don't place a burden on any one dealer.
    If we can't make this work, then I, for one, will simply bide my time and let the newness wear off. (Remember, they intend to make some 7,000/year). Then, one bitter cold, icy Winter day, late in the month, I'll go in and ask how sales are doing, then tell them what I'm willing to pay. While most will agree that this car certainly hits a resonant chord with us, it's not the only incredible Muscle Car available or to be available in the near future, like the Corvette Z06, the new BMW M3 w/V8 power, the new Audi RS4, Cadillac CTS-V, etc.
    Regards, Stan
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: SSIMM@triad.rr.com ; ORLMUST@aol.com ; DRCundiff@netscape.net ; rvanderh@med.wayne.edu
    Cc: shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:49 PM
    Subject: Re: Shelby bulk order

What the members of this list who are serious about buying the new Ford, er, "Shelby", seem to be forgetting is that due to the limited production numbers slated for this car, no dealer is going to sell it below, or even at sticker. They are going to gouge the pricing to get the most money from the buyer. Especially dealers that have a very small allocation. I have already heard stories of dealers gouging 2005 GT's 3 thousand over sticker, so what do you think is going to happen to this over hyped Mustang?

Kenny

3. Dan Drury

Dan Drury Guest

there is a Ford GT sitting in the showroom at the Sikeston, MO Ford dealership and it is at auction.... the high bid 2 weeks ago when I stopped by is $240.000. That's a heck of a long way from an additional $3.000 over sticker.
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: SSIMM@triad.rr.com ; ORLMUST@aol.com ; DRCundiff@netscape.net ; rvanderh@med.wayne.edu
    Cc: shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:49 PM
    Subject: Re: Shelby bulk order

What the members of this list who are serious about buying the new Ford, er, "Shelby", seem to be forgetting is that due to the limited production numbers slated for this car, no dealer is going to sell it below, or even at sticker. They are going to gouge the pricing to get the most money from the buyer. Especially dealers that have a very small allocation. I have already heard stories of dealers gouging 2005 GT's 3 thousand over sticker, so what do you think is going to happen to this over hyped Mustang?

Kenny