Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Signs for the Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Richard McCommon Jr, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Amen
    Rick

MHeroy (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote:
    In a message dated 1/11/2006 4:48:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, SSIMM (AT) triad (DOT) rr.com writes:
    This may sound like heresy, since I have Ford Blue (and BMW Blue & White) blood in my veins, but that Challenger looks great! If they made a stripper version w/no power do-dads, roll-up windows and that 6.1L Hemi w/425 hp for about $30-$35K...HoooBoy!!
    Regards, Stan

Stan et al,

I couldn't agree more- the Challenger looks like a helluva car to me, and, as a former Viper owner, the only thing that would keep me out of one would be the obvious duplication of capability with the '07 GT500 I'd like to buy this year, as long as the dealers don't go crazy!

That's a worry, by the way- I see that B-J is selling the first one available to customers for charity next week, and that can't be good for anybody but the charity. If the "be the first on your block" crowd decides that this is a car to have, those of us who hate to pay dealer premiums (or "market adjustments," as they call them) are going to have to wait until they have their run, much like the Ford GT.

Cheers,
    Mike Heroy

Rick McCommon
    Bellaire, TX
    1965 Mustang 2+2 (unrestored)
    1967 Shelby GT 350 #1302 (restored)
    1967 Shelby GT 500 #481 (restoration almost complete)-427 sideoiler
    2005 Explorer (daily driver)
    1997 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel 2500 4x4; tow vehicle "enhanced" by www.hotroddiesels.com
    http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/photopost486/data/500/25465Inboards-481-11-10-05.JPG