Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: Sniper software

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by GT350HZ@aol.com, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Here is the problem with just leaving a bid on ebay. I have run into this
    situation on identical items and the amount I paid was less when I used a
    sniping service.
    When you have a bid up, if someone is interested they will make several bids
    at incriment up to the amount you bid in many cases. Sometimes they are
    interested in finding out if they are willing to stretch to the amount that you
    bid and sometimes they are legitimately bidding.
    In most cases if you bid on incriment at a point you will frequently tie the
    high bidder. This enables you to figure out that you have to bid more to
    get the item. For the original bidder it exposes their maximum and also causes
    them to pay their maximum if the person decides not to outbid them.
    On items that I have an interest in, but are not that important to me, I
    have decided to place a bid that I would easily pay for the item. If I am
    outbid, sometimes I just go on, sometimes place another bid. The mentality is the
    bidder is more likely to continue bidding until they reach a point well
    beyond their expectations or they become high bidder.
    One example was a set of concert tickets I was trying to buy. I decided I
    would leave a bid. That same day, after 5 bids, I was outbid. On another
    set of concert tickets I only set up a snipe bid and paid $150 less for a
    better pair of tickets than the ones I lost.
    Often the person who has no idea as to market will lemm on the previous
    bidder. If they thought it was worth $500, then it wouldn't hurt if I paid a
    little more if the mind set.
    Snipe services takes out the sharing of expertise and market knowledge as
    well as giving someone a set target to beat.
    Lee
    66 # 869
    69 # 2055

2. NVSAAC

NVSAAC Guest

I Agree totally!

With the Sniper software. I can get a good deal or I don't win.
    I still have to put in MY max price I am willing to pay for the item.

I bought a painted "RED" intake manifold with a c9 carb on it on eBay for $250.

Not much attention was drawn onto the item and it was poorly listed.
    A couple of guys lost the item and I sold the carb later for 150 and kept the manifold for a net cost of $ 100.

OH at it was a nice manifold after removing the "RED" paint with a sandblasting...

It was a 67 GT350 Intake..

Sorry, I was going off the topic... :)

Sniper software may not be for everyone. But if you want to save money. Here is the PRO & CON List.

PROs (To use Sniper software)
    1) Bid and forget it.
    2) keeps emotions out of it
    3) others cannot see what you are bidding on.
    4) Potentially pay less by bidding late into the auction
    5) I don't forget to get my bid in
    6) I can sleep or work and play while the auction is going.
    7) I can track an auction (with my software) and NOT bid..Not exposing my WATCH list to even the seller!

CONs
    1) costs money for software
    2) I can just bid on eBay and bid my max
    3) Power outages ect will not stop my bid
    4) I hate snipers, therefore I will not be a part of it.
    5) I am an individual with character and will not lower myself to be a sniper. :)
    6) I don't want to trust my bids to a computer software program

In summary, You can pay more, inconveniently or you can use sniper software.
    The choice is yours..

Jim

PS: Yes, I am an out of the closet professed SNIPER.
    Boy, that feels good to let that out. :)
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: MHeroy (AT) aol (DOT) com ; shelbymustang (AT) carmemories (DOT) com
    Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:35 PM
    Subject: Re: Sniper software

Here is the problem with just leaving a bid on ebay. I have run into this situation on identical items and the amount I paid was less when I used a sniping service.
    When you have a bid up, if someone is interested they will make several bids at incriment up to the amount you bid in many cases. Sometimes they are interested in finding out if they are willing to stretch to the amount that you bid and sometimes they are legitimately bidding.
    In most cases if you bid on incriment at a point you will frequently tie the high bidder. This enables you to figure out that you have to bid more to get the item. For the original bidder it exposes their maximum and also causes them to pay their maximum if the person decides not to outbid them.
    On items that I have an interest in, but are not that important to me, I have decided to place a bid that I would easily pay for the item. If I am outbid, sometimes I just go on, sometimes place another bid. The mentality is the bidder is more likely to continue bidding until they reach a point well beyond their expectations or they become high bidder.
    One example was a set of concert tickets I was trying to buy. I decided I would leave a bid. That same day, after 5 bids, I was outbid. On another set of concert tickets I only set up a snipe bid and paid $150 less for a better pair of tickets than the ones I lost.
    Often the person who has no idea as to market will lemm on the previous bidder. If they thought it was worth $500, then it wouldn't hurt if I paid a little more if the mind set.
    Snipe services takes out the sharing of expertise and market knowledge as well as giving someone a set target to beat.
    Lee
    66 # 869
    69 # 2055