Join Shelby Forums Today

Re: wow

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by ecj, Jul 5, 2005.

1. ecj

ecj Guest

<HEAD>
    <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <DIV>Perhaps its time to sell those nice shelbys in everyone's&nbsp;garage. Let's&nbsp;all bring them to Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale in 2006 and get&nbsp;that promised $200,000 and then&nbsp;we can go out and buy a Ford GT and a 2007 Shelby at the&nbsp;end of the year in 2006!&nbsp;Sell one and get two back. What a deal.and no more worring about if you have enough insurance on that old Shelby.&nbsp;Its time to cash in while you still have a chance!!!</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Will this be the year that people finally sell? Time to find that nice old Shelby a good&nbsp;home. Right?</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>NOT!!!</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Jim Seisser</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><BR>-----Original Message----- <BR>From: MHeroy@aol.com <BR>Sent: Jul 5, 2005 10:04 PM <BR>To: dwilcox1@charter.net <BR>Cc: shelbymustang@carmemories.com <BR>Subject: Re: wow <BR><BR></DIV><ZZZHTML xmlns:eek:="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice"><ZZZHEAD><ZZZMETA content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" charset="UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"><ZZZMETA content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2668" name="GENERATOR"></ZZZHEAD><ZZZBODY style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
    <DIV>
    <DIV>In a message dated 7/5/2005 7:46:29 PM US Eastern Standard Time, dwilcox1@charter.net writes:</DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid">
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">This car is blowing my mind for ?value?.&nbsp; Not at reserve yet at $77K for a totally ragged out GT500.<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I have my nice GT500KR convertible valued at $60K for insurance and am obviously way off track.&nbsp; No rust, good (not great) paint, new overhauled engine, trans.&nbsp; Nice interior, etc. etc.&nbsp; Needs emissions for original look.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Don?t want to sell, cause I drive it and have lot?s of fun, but in this market it may be worth over $100K.&nbsp; Unbelievable.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">So when will the bubble burst???..&nbsp; This can?t stay at that level.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Just amazed, maybe all of you are used to this being in the business of buying and selling, but wow??</SPAN></FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
    <DIV>Dan,</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>I'm in the same boat- underinsured on both of my Shelby Mustangs (moving to fix that, though...) and more than a little stunned at what's happened to these cars' values in the last few years.&nbsp; I don't want to sell either, because, like you, I drive all of my cars.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>That said, you have to look at more than Shelby values, and, when one considers the more rare Mopar's, are we really all that out of line?&nbsp; Now, if I could only get the market to feel that way about my '56 Mark II and my '66 Lincoln convertible, I might actually think that the collector world is a rational market... Naah!</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Cheers,</DIV>
    <DIV>Mike Heroy</DIV>
    <DIV>CSX4045</DIV>
    <DIV>GT500 #841</DIV>
    <DIV>67 GT500 #389</DIV>
    <DIV>85 SVO</DIV></ZZZBODY></ZZZHTML></BODY><PRE>

2. Although written in jest, you may have made a very valid point. Remember the 80's when Shelbys skyrocketed out of sight - then the correction came. For those under 55 or so, it may be O.K. to wait out the next cycle, but for those over 55???
    Makes one think. 2 for 1. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
    Ron
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:22 PM
    Subject: Re: wow

Perhaps its time to sell those nice shelbys in everyone's garage. Let's all bring them to Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale in 2006 and get that promised $200,000 and then we can go out and buy a Ford GT and a 2007 Shelby at the end of the year in 2006! Sell one and get two back. What a deal.and no more worring about if you have enough insurance on that old Shelby. Its time to cash in while you still have a chance!!!

Will this be the year that people finally sell? Time to find that nice old Shelby a good home. Right?

NOT!!!

Jim Seisser

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Jul 5, 2005 10:04 PM
    To: dwilcox1@charter.net
    Cc: shelbymustang@carmemories.com

In a message dated 7/5/2005 7:46:29 PM US Eastern Standard Time, dwilcox1@charter.net writes:
    This car is blowing my mind for ?value?. Not at reserve yet at $77K for a totally ragged out GT500.

I have my nice GT500KR convertible valued at $60K for insurance and am obviously way off track. No rust, good (not great) paint, new overhauled engine, trans. Nice interior, etc. etc. Needs emissions for original look.

Don?t want to sell, cause I drive it and have lot?s of fun, but in this market it may be worth over $100K. Unbelievable.

So when will the bubble burst???.. This can?t stay at that level.

Just amazed, maybe all of you are used to this being in the business of buying and selling, but wow??

Dan,

I'm in the same boat- underinsured on both of my Shelby Mustangs (moving to fix that, though...) and more than a little stunned at what's happened to these cars' values in the last few years. I don't want to sell either, because, like you, I drive all of my cars.

That said, you have to look at more than Shelby values, and, when one considers the more rare Mopar's, are we really all that out of line? Now, if I could only get the market to feel that way about my '56 Mark II and my '66 Lincoln convertible, I might actually think that the collector world is a rational market... Naah!

Cheers,
    Mike Heroy
    CSX4045
    GT500 #841
    67 GT500 #389
    85 SVO

3. Camilla

Camilla Guest

Go For it sell em! If 100 - 200k excites you. You will be sorry in the end as I was with a few cars I sold. Nothing wi beat the originals in many aspects.

Randall
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 3:22 PM

Perhaps its time to sell those nice shelbys in everyone's garage. Let's all bring them to Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale in 2006 and get that promised $200,000 and then we can go out and buy a Ford GT and a 2007 Shelby at the end of the year in 2006! Sell one and get two back. What a deal.and no more worring about if you have enough insurance on that old Shelby. Its time to cash in while you still have a chance!!!

Will this be the year that people finally sell? Time to find that nice old Shelby a good home. Right?

NOT!!!

Jim Seisser

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Jul 5, 2005 10:04 PM
    To: dwilcox1@charter.net
    Cc: shelbymustang@carmemories.com

In a message dated 7/5/2005 7:46:29 PM US Eastern Standard Time, dwilcox1@charter.net writes:
    This car is blowing my mind for ?value?. Not at reserve yet at $77K for a totally ragged out GT500.

I have my nice GT500KR convertible valued at $60K for insurance and am obviously way off track. No rust, good (not great) paint, new overhauled engine, trans. Nice interior, etc. etc. Needs emissions for original look.

Don?t want to sell, cause I drive it and have lot?s of fun, but in this market it may be worth over $100K. Unbelievable.

So when will the bubble burst???.. This can?t stay at that level.

Just amazed, maybe all of you are used to this being in the business of buying and selling, but wow??

Dan,

I'm in the same boat- underinsured on both of my Shelby Mustangs (moving to fix that, though...) and more than a little stunned at what's happened to these cars' values in the last few years. I don't want to sell either, because, like you, I drive all of my cars.

That said, you have to look at more than Shelby values, and, when one considers the more rare Mopar's, are we really all that out of line? Now, if I could only get the market to feel that way about my '56 Mark II and my '66 Lincoln convertible, I might actually think that the collector world is a rational market... Naah!

Cheers,
    Mike Heroy
    CSX4045
    GT500 #841
    67 GT500 #389
    85 SVO