Join Shelby Forums Today

Repro Autolite batteries

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Ronald Robertson, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Interested to learn of the experience of those on the list who may have tried, or are aware of others who have tried the "new", sealed Autolite repro batteries. Have heard lots of stories about the old "just add acid" style which prematurely found their way into the garbage heap. Just wondering about the new style or whether one is better to go with a plain black case battery with one of the plastic Autolite tops. Car would be used both for driving and for MCA showing.
    Appreciate your views.
    Ron

2. Colin Comer

Colin Comer Guest

I have had good luck with the new sealed AGM repo batteries. No leaks, no acid mess, no gassing out and ruining paint. I buy mine from New Castle Battery in Pa.They are not cheap, but so far, so good! Have about 10 in service here with no complaints.
    Colin
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Shelby Mustang
    Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 9:15 AM
    Subject: Repro Autolite batteries

Interested to learn of the experience of those on the list who may have tried, or are aware of others who have tried the "new", sealed Autolite repro batteries. Have heard lots of stories about the old "just add acid" style which prematurely found their way into the garbage heap. Just wondering about the new style or whether one is better to go with a plain black case battery with one of the plastic Autolite tops. Car would be used both for driving and for MCA showing.
    Appreciate your views.
    Ron

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm