Join Shelby Forums Today

Seeking '67 for Film Production rental

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by cccentral, May 25, 2006.

1. cccentral

cccentral New Member

Our company, Collector Car Central LLC, is producing a documentary film on the search for Jim Morrion's long lost GT500.

We are planning out our shooting schedule and budget and we have one item that we need to nail down early.

We are looking for a Nightmist blue 1967 GT 500 original or clone is fine. Parchment interior is a plus. The original car had the Shelby wheels and the close set driving lights.

The car will be needed for 3 weeks of shooting in Los Angeles, CA. Full replacement coverage insurance will be provided and the car will be cared for by a professional crew. Compensation will of course be provided for the rental.

Alternately if someone has a 1967 that is not yet painted, our company would pay to have it painted Nightmist blue w/ white racing stripes in exchange for the use of it in the film.

More information on the film can be found at

www.myspace.com/morrisonsmustang

We can be reached by e-mail at cccentral@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
    CCC Productions

2. VENOM427

VENOM427 Member

Do alot of people come onto these forums looking for cars to rent?

3. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

From what I've read, including something in the current Hot Rod magazine, film production companies are nortorious for mistreating cars that have been rented or borrowed. I can't speak for this company, but, I'd rather they use a clone. Don't forget folks, THEY can afford a better Lawyer than you can.

4. cccentral

cccentral New Member

I have to agree with you. There are a lot of companies that have and deserve a bad reputation when renting cars for production. Sometimes it is just lack of caring about the vehicles, and other times it is just the rigors of rigging a car for major film production. Either way if it is your car it is 100% of the time.

A good rule of thumb is if they want to rent your car, tell them you need a copy of the "Insurance Cert" first. If they look at you like a monkey that was just handed a dictionary, don't let them near your car.

We rent cars from our lot all the time for production. Before the car leaves the lot, it has a 3rd party insurance certificate assuring repair to our satisfaction of any damage or full replacement value in a catastrophic accident. We have never lost a car, but have had a few re-paints on the insurance's bill. Never had a problem getting anything paid for.

I am a life long car collector. In this case I would MUCH rather have a clone. With all the care I can take in the world there are still stupid people and unforseeable accidents out there.

There has also been discussion of beseeching Ford for an '07 Shelby to use for the shoot, It would feel a bit cheesy to me, but it would be good publicity.

Thanks
    L. Christian Mixon
    CCC Productions

5. VENOM427

VENOM427 Member

Yeah, I have heard some bad stories.