Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby's on eBay - BEWARE!! Shelby Authentication

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by shelbyguy, Oct 8, 2004.

1. shelbyguy

shelbyguy Well-Known Member

FAKE eBay Auctions of Shelby's

WARNINGS !!!

Fake Shelby auctions usually have one or more of the following:

1) Low Feedback of the Seller

** Beware ** Some are hijacked accounts with HIGH feedback..

2) No Vin# posted

3) Private Auctions - So you can't see who is bidding. (They don't want you to be able to WARN an unsuspecting bidder or the fake!)

4) PRICE is TOO good to be true. ** The old ADAGE is true!

5) Looks like an auction I saw last week by a different seller ! - ** It probably is a hijacked auction.

6) Few details of the auction.

7) Deposits - Just send a deposit and we will hold the car for you - THEY ASK all interested to send a deposit, then all of the people are owners of AIR.

Do yourself a favor. Pay someone to LOOK at the car. Call the Seller.

Why spend THOUSANDS without speaking to someone. Ask If you can have someone look at the car. Even If you don't follow through, this will get some answers as to where the car is or NOT.

HELP - If you know an auction to be a FAKE.

Send an email to eBay at spoof@ebay.com

We have samples of FAKE auctions listed here.....
    NVSAAC - Fake auctions link ;)

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Re: Shelby's on eBay - BEWARE!!

Absolutely right! When it comes to eBay, be VERY careful and always try to look at a car before buying. If you're going to spend the kind of money it takes to buy one of these cars, you can afford to take a Southwest flight to go see the car first. I know, auctions only last a few days so it's short notice but at least make the phone call and ask the right questions.

Also, Read this article.

And check out more information on saac.com.

3. Grumpy

Grumpy Member

Anyone who falls for a low priced Shelby on Ebay that all the world see's is an idiot !!! Plain an simple !! hmmm is my "name" showing here ??? :rolleyes:

4. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

I actually was the high bidder on a Sunbeam Tiger. "Easy Restoration" the ebay ad said. It was 1 hour away, and I did not meet the reserve.
    Good for me, it was a rust bucket. This owner/clown must think it is child's play to weld on EVERY new panel. I'm glad I missed that one. But, I won't bid on a car on Ebay unless I see it, or somebody I know I can trust looks at it. AND, the seller will agree to no money until I'm there to pick it up.

5. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

I just sold a really nice Harlet Springer on eBay. The Guy called me and talked about the bike. he sent me a Deposit and picked it up two days later happy as a clam. But all the warnings Jim posted are very true. Many times these creeps steal and Copy Shelby Pictures and Information. They Hijack accounts and list the cars. Hoping for an anxious Dreamer who is excited about getting a SHELBY. Good Posting!