Join Shelby Forums Today

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD!!!! - 1968 SHELBY GT500 E CONVERTIBLE FOR $550800

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by Stephen G. Becker, Apr 2, 2005.

1. AT BARRETT JACKSON THIS AFTERNOON

1968 MUSTANG "GT 500 E" CV

$ 550,800.00!!!

SOLD - SOLD SOLD

PALM BEACH 2005

1968 SHELBY GT500 E CONVERTIBLE
    LOT #375 - NO RESERVE
    2005 PBCCA CCA

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size
    OPTIONS
    COLOR - WHITE W/BLUE STRIPES
    TRANS - 6 SPEED
    CYLINDERS - V8
    ENGINE SIZE - 408
    HORSEPOWER - 475

CSE-001C is the first Shelby G.T.500E convertible in the world. This genuine 1968 Shelby, which was built by Unique Performance under the direction of Carroll Shelby, features a fuel injected, 408 c.i.d. V-8 that puts out an astounding 525 HP. Personally signed by Carroll Shelby, the collectible convertible features a five-speed Tremec transmission, side exhaust, 17" custom wheels, performance suspension upgrade and $30,000 in options. Clad in white with blue racing stripes and a blue interior. With a four-point padded roll bar, it is perfect for the street or track. Fully documented in the Shelby Registry, this first G.T.500E convertible is a highly desirable piece of automotive history

2. And then there's the real world.
    Wonder if it is a real sale or is it like the first Eleanor that proved to be a "buy back" by Sanderson?
    If it is any consolation, Stephen, I, or any other sane person would far rather have your convertible than this "clone". And as for the "second coming", I am ready and waiting for that too - but in the meantime, I will drive and enjoy my car. Keep the faith, brother; this too will pass.
    Ron
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:28 PM
    Subject: SOLD - SOLD - SOLD!!!! - 1968 SHELBY GT500 E CONVERTIBLE FOR $550800

AT BARRETT JACKSON THIS AFTERNOON

1968 MUSTANG "GT 500 E" CV

$ 550,800.00!!!

SOLD - SOLD SOLD

PALM BEACH 2005

1968 SHELBY GT500 E CONVERTIBLE
    LOT #375 - NO RESERVE
    2005 PBCCA CCA

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size
    OPTIONS
    COLOR - WHITE W/BLUE STRIPES
    TRANS - 6 SPEED
    CYLINDERS - V8
    ENGINE SIZE - 408
    HORSEPOWER - 475

CSE-001C is the first Shelby G.T.500E convertible in the world. This genuine 1968 Shelby, which was built by Unique Performance under the direction of Carroll Shelby, features a fuel injected, 408 c.i.d. V-8 that puts out an astounding 525 HP. Personally signed by Carroll Shelby, the collectible convertible features a five-speed Tremec transmission, side exhaust, 17" custom wheels, performance suspension upgrade and $30,000 in options. Clad in white with blue racing stripes and a blue interior. With a four-point padded roll bar, it is perfect for the street or track. Fully documented in the Shelby Registry, this first G.T.500E convertible is a highly desirable piece of automotive history