Join Shelby Forums Today

stains on the stripes

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by billallenbll54, Aug 20, 2008.

1. billallenbll54

billallenbll54 Member

has anyone having a 2008 with silver stripes notice what looks like rust stains:mellow:

2. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

It would probly be most helpful if you posted what car you have.....Shelby GT or GT500.

Best Regards,
    Vern

3. Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350 Well-Known Member

There is another thread in this forum "07GT - white - stripe problem" (if I knew how to link to it I would, but I'm too old to learn how) that addresses several problems with the stripes. It appears that there are several issues with the silver stripes. Personally mine are fine.

4. angrrmgt

angrrmgt Member

i have an 07 shelby GT with tons of stains in my silver stripes. i"ve spoken with Shelby and Ford and there was a material switch during the 07 production run and Shelby has had a decent number of complaints. you must call the 800 number in your shelby booklet for warranty coverage. you will need to go to a Ford dealer and have them take photos that they will send to Shelby to get new stripes shipped to the dealer for installation. i am in the middle of the process right now. i am waiting to hear from my dealer as to when i can come in to get all of my stripes replaced. my stripes are ruined with water stains and discoloring. you are not alone.

5. Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350 Well-Known Member

I hope the anger management is working! :mad:

j/k have a great day!

6. billallenbll54

billallenbll54 Member

i have a shelby gt 2008, some other items are, the letters on the back are loose, the alignment of the hood clamps base are not straight to each other as to the line of the front.

7. billallenbll54

billallenbll54 Member

i did want to say, that with these minor problems, which i am sure will be resolved, this is the most wonderful preforming moving obit i have ever enjoyed, i've had bmws, mecds, cads, norton 750, harleys, etc. thank you shelby!!! :thumbup:

bill

8. RWM

RWM Member

I have had no issues with my silver stripes. I also have to say that I have owned many other performance cars and this 08 Shelby GT is performing beyond my expectations. Shelby has found the perfect combination of performance and practicality. It is so fun to drive. I can imagine the extra HP the GT500 offers is sweet as well but the price of this package cannot be beat. Well worth it.