Join Shelby Forums Today

Stirring up an old topic

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by GT350HZ@aol.com, Nov 17, 2005.

1. OK, The list has been very quiet for a while. So I'll will stir up an old
    topic Rebodied cars. I noticed on Ebay the 1966 GT350H Rebodied car. Item
    number: 4589183359.
    _http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-GT350H-1-of-50-4-Speed-Cars_W0QQcmdZVie
    wItemQQcategoryZ6465QQitemZ4589183359QQrdZ1_
    (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shel..._W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6465QQitemZ458918
    3359QQrdZ1)
    Except that this is supposed to be the correct matching engine that goes
    with the Shelby VIN the car is an A Code fastback.
    Would someone tell me why a rebodied car is bid up to $70,000 and not met
    reserve?
    I have not inquired with Howard Pardee as I would have no interest in the
    car. There is no registry note about the car being a 4-speed, a rebodied car,
    or of having been destroyed and recreated. I know that some states use the
    engine block as the basis for a cars vehicle identity. If a rebodied or
    reconstructed car is worth this much, how much are real solid good cars selling
    for? Just curious as to thoughts from the group on this car.

Lee
    66 # 869
    69 # 2055

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey Gang,

As we have seen before, often private auctions are a "license to shill". I never had any use rfor them, as a buyer or seller. . The seller here has put this car at great risk with the information given, both of the fraudulent A code number on the body, and the K motor vin, which could be correct. Thanks to him, there could be a second car in the future, that could be conveyed as "more real" than this one. Somebody should email Pardee on this, as these facts belong in more than just my personal shelby registry ( I just added a note to it).

All the best,

Dan Belick
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: shelbymustang@carmemories.com
    Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:26 PM
    Subject: Stirring up an old topic

OK, The list has been very quiet for a while. So I'll will stir up an old topic Rebodied cars. I noticed on Ebay the 1966 GT350H Rebodied car. Item number: 4589183359.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shel...iewItemQQcategoryZ6465QQitemZ4589183359QQrdZ1
    Except that this is supposed to be the correct matching engine that goes with the Shelby VIN the car is an A Code fastback.
    Would someone tell me why a rebodied car is bid up to $70,000 and not met reserve?
    I have not inquired with Howard Pardee as I would have no interest in the car. There is no registry note about the car being a 4-speed, a rebodied car, or of having been destroyed and recreated. I know that some states use the engine block as the basis for a cars vehicle identity. If a rebodied or reconstructed car is worth this much, how much are real solid good cars selling for? Just curious as to thoughts from the group on this car.

Lee
    66 # 869
    69 # 2055